Job Title: Geotechnical Design Engineer
Location: Northamptonshire / Milton Keynes / Warwickshire
Start Date: Q2 2021
Sectors: HS2, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Rail, Earthworks, Drainage, Highways, Structures, Industrial
Type: Permanent role
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum + Package
**Negotiable on level and relevant experience**
Our client, a large, established and growing principal contractor within the Civil Engineering sector, is currently looking for a Geotechnical Design Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis, working on various projects, from HS2 to EWR2, or projects within their Industrial Construction team.
These roles will entail delivering design works for upcoming projects where workload will range from Earthworks & Bulk Muckshift to Drainage, Highways & Structures etc, with typical project values ranging from £20 Million to £100+ Million.
The role will suit an experienced Geotechnical Engineer, with strong background in Design Engineering, who is interested in working on Construction Infrastructure projects, such as HS2, with additional exposure to other large scale construction projects. This position will provide the opportunity to join a growing contractor, who offer an exceptional salary + package, coupled with a productive working environment & effective working processes, allowing you to achieve the desired results in your career, in the most efficient and stress-free manner.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Interpreting/assessing upcoming geotechnical activities, providing design engineering solutions where possible.
- Completing both field and office based projects.
- Undertaking, scoping and reviewing Preliminary Risk Assessments.
- Completing ground and geo-environmental investigation, scoping and risk assessments.
- Liaising and reporting to more senior staff members.
- Interpretative report writing.
- Liaising with Regulators and Local Authorities.
- Offering technical advice associated with contaminated land legislation and planning regime.
- Producing appraisal reports and remedial strategies.
- Dealing with clients to withstand and develop good working relationships.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification in Geotechnical Engineering (i.e. Degree or equivalent).
- Chartership status, or working towards chartership.
- A background in Design (Consultancy & Contractor side).
- Strong geotechnical knowledge, including work assessment and solution skills.
- Strong knowledge of legislation and regulations used within the Construction, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure sectors.
- Strong commercial, communication and IT skills.
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online initially, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.