Job Title: Geomatic Land Surveyor
Location: Flexible. Midlands, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire
Sector: Geomatics, Highways, Rail, Utilities, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Surveying
Type: Permanent role
Our client, a leading geomatic surveying and mobile mapping company, who operate with in the Construction Infrastructure sector, have an excellent opportunity available for Surveyors to join their team, due to continued expansion, delivering a range of surveys on large scale projects across the Highway, Rail and Utility sectors, using the latest digital technology available, overall striving for innovation.
In this role, you will be required to support Senior Surveyors and related Management staff to ensure surveyors as completed correctly in different construction environments. Over time, you will have the opportunity to plan and deliver works on small to medium sized projects, taking responsibility of work delivery, manging time scales accordingly. Typical duties will include but are not limited to: topographic, utility, mobile mapping, laser scanning and office data processing. This role will offer flexibility in working hours and will be mostly site based work (nationwide), as well as some office based working. Due to projects being nationwide, candidates should be prepared to travel and lodge away, as and when required.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for undertaking topographic/utilities/mobile mapping surveys on site.
- Resolving unexpected technical difficulties that may arise.
- Manage of survey teams onsite (Depending on level / experience).
- Managing and maintaining survey equipment.
- Production of CAD Drawings from Survey Data.
- Assistance in the overall development of the survey department.
- Adherence to Company manuals and processes.
- Ensure QA/QC Compliance.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification in surveying or a related engineering discipline.
- Previous experience working within a similar role, within a Land Surveying / Geomatic department (2+ years)
- Previously worked within the construction infrastructure sector (Highways, Rail, Utilities etc).
- Used Trimble, Robotic Total stations & GNSS previously.
- Proficient in the use of CAD software.
- Excellent numeracy/mathematical, communication, organisation and IT skills.
- A CSCS Card + PTS (Not essential – you will be put through these courses if not)
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.