Vacancy - Warehouse Operative Supplies - Stores
Location - Walsall
Salary - £9.50hr PLUS HOLIDAY PAY - 45 HOURS A WEEK. 3 months initially.
To be responsible for warehouse duties including picking, packing and shipping of customer orders. Receiving orders into the depot and restocking the warehouse.
Complete audits as requested and contribute to the annual stock check.
Assist with loading delivery drivers and daily courier service.
Working as part of the supplies operations team and providing full operational support to all areas of the business.
**FORK LIFT LICENCE WOULD BE IDEAL**
• Complete the picking of customer orders as instructed by the department Team Leader.
• Ensure stock is accurately picked using picking lists issued from the system, from warehouse locations and goods for order bays.
• Orders are to be packed securely and moved to the relevant transport bays.
• Forward order bays must be checked daily, and orders moved across to drive bays as required.
• Process branded clothing orders using heat seal equipment and heat seal stock as requested on picking lists.
• Pick stock as required for embroidery and pack for delivery to embroidery supplier on allocated delivery day.
• Transfer embroidered stock received in the depot to relevant driver bays as per the paperwork supplied by the Team Leader.
• Assist with trade counter customers and customers arriving for collections.
• Complete driving jobs where required, including deliveries to customers and collections from suppliers.
• Load vehicles daily, checking the goods against the daily routing paperwork to ensure all orders allocated are loaded onto the correct drivers and courier delivery drivers.
• Provide back up for goods in duties during busy periods.
• Receive and sign for orders delivered to the depot.
• Complete checks for goods received to the supplier paperwork for accuracy.
• All damaged stock received, and stock discrepancies to be reported to the Team Leader and Procurement Team immediately.
• Transfer stock from the goods in bays to warehouse locations and the Safety Department goods in bay throughout the day.
• Paperwork to be handed to the Team Leader to complete the booking in procedure.
• All goods received for customer orders to be stocked in correct goods for order bays.
• Assist other departments with operational work during busy periods as required.
• Maintain accurate stock levels within the system by ensuring orders are picked accurately.
• Report stock issues and highlight where customer orders could potentially be delayed.
• Complete stock audits as requested, feeding back to the Team Leader and Quality Team.
• Support the business during annual stock checks.
Health and Safety
• Complete tasks in accordance with the depot risk assessments, notify the Team Leader of any potential noncompliance. Report accidents and near misses using the correct methods.
• Ensure the correct PPE is always used in the depot.
• Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping, ensure areas are free from waste and trip hazards etc
• Ensure works are carried out in accordance with processes.
• Contribute to continuous improvement by providing suggestions and feedback to Team Leaders and Management.
• Work to agreed timescales updating the Team Leader on progress. Maintain good communication with Team Leaders and Management at all times.
• All orders are to be wrapped, banded, and packaged as per delivery method.
Key measures & targets:
• Quality of stock locations, transport bays and yard area
• The number of stock issues and picking errors
• Waste reduction
• Supplies Team Leader
• Operations Team
• Logistics Team and Drivers
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
• Previous storeman experience
• Attention to detail and ability to follow procedures
• Ability to work well within a team, offering support to others
• Product knowledge of site supplies, PPE, traffic management and signage
• Computer literate
• Branding experience
• Forklift licence
• Driving licence
As well as offering a competitive salary, remuneration for this role includes flexible benefits, which provides a range of guaranteed benefits including but not limited to:
5% Company pension contribution
Life Assurance at 2 x notional salary
Single persons private medical cover
Permanent Health Cover
PLEASE CALL WAYNE AT ANDERSELITE 01132420303