Job Title: General Foreman (Earthworks & Drainage Experience Required)
Location: Milton Keynes
Sector: Earthworks, Drainage, Rail (NON-PTS), Infrastructure
Start Date: Q1 2021
Job Type: Permanent Role:
Salary: Circa £40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum + Package
**Salary negotiable on relevant experience and level**
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor, who operate within the Infrastructure sector, have an excellent opportunity available for General Foreman to join their team, managing the delivery of works on the EWR2 scheme (East West Rail), over the coming years.
In this role you will be responsible for managing / supervising a section of works, ensuring timely delivery of large-scale earthworks, with associated drainage. This work is being self-delivered, so this role will entail managing / supervising internal staff, ensuring that all works are carried out efficiently, accurately and safely, therefore helping to ensure that the project sticks to the pre-agreed programme. Due to this, previous experience of self-delivering works is essential (rather than subcontractor management).
Reporting into the relevant Section Manager / Site Agent, you will liaise with various other members across the wider team, developing strong, collaborative working relationships.
Daily duties with include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring health and safety is maintained on site, achieved through completing inductions, toolbox talks, daily task briefings and overseeing operatives out on site.
- Managing / Supervising works carried out, ensuring accurate work is being completed safely.
- Interfacing between the Section Manager / Site Agent, on construction activities across the site.
- Supervision of direct staff, self-delivering earthworks and associated drainage.
- Completing a site diary / daily records / weekly reports and assisting with progress reports.
- Helping to ensure the project sticks to the pre-agreed construction programmes.
- Promoting Health & Safety on site and implementing new systems (RAMS) as required. Adhering to Severn Trent Water policies and procedures.
- Ensuring correct PPE is worn by the workforce at all times.
- Ensuring COVID-19 regulations are taken seriously and adhered to.
- Providing input into site reports and meetings, to assist with the safe planning and delivery of works.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Previously worked as a General Foreman, delivering large scale Earthworks, inclusive of associated drainage.
- Previously worked on large scale / major projects within the Infrastructure sector, for a substantial length of time.
- A strong background in heavy civil engineering, understanding earthworks and muckshift techniques. (Self-delivery)
- Relevant qualifications including CSCS Card, SMSTS/SSSTS etc.
- Additional qualifications such as Temporary Works Supervisor, CAT and Genny, RD8000 (non-essential, but advantageous)
- Strong knowledge of HSQE regulations.
- Strong Management and Supervision skills.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on LinkedIn or via
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.