CONTRACTS MANAGER - (Fire protection)
Remuneration: £50,000-£60,000 per annum plus package
Type: Permanent (Monday to Friday)
Location: Orpington, Kent
A FIRAS approved contractor is seeking an experienced Contracts Manager (Fire protection) to join their branch in Orpington, Kent and assist with the deliverability of projects. This role is a combination of site based and office-based duties with a greater focus on the latter, as such regular travel is expected around the East and Southeast regions.
As Contracts Manager you will be responsible for the overall ownership of the on-site project from launch though to handover ensuring that work is done safely, on time and within budget. You will be responsible for multiple projects and managing various teams of people of all abilities, leading the project team/supply chain, and setting highest standards possible.
• Ensuring that projects follow current fire regulations and ensure key deadlines are achieved.
• Ensuring quality of work is of a very high standard.
• Establish good relationships with clients and all key stakeholders with a view to securing repeat business.
• Strict control and adherence for all Health and Safety matters
• Manage in house surveying team to prioritise according to risk & ensure they are profitable.
• Manage subcontractors and coordinate the works.
• Programme the works
• Conform with Fire Protection audit process.
• Support recruitment and effectively induct and develop site-based staff, including apprentices.
What we require from you:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role
• Proven experience working on fire protection projects.
• Third party accreditation
• Fire Inspection diploma
• Fire door inspection training preferred
• Level 2 ASFP (not essential)
• Must be fully familiar regulations - Doc B, Regulatory Reform order and likely imminent changes.
• Passionate about the implementation of health & safety
The ideal candidate will have a Fire Protection diploma plus a construction related qualification. This is a great opportunity to work on exciting and fast paced fire protection projects. The client has over 40 branches nationwide with a proven track record in developing all members of staff to reach their full potential.
To find out more contact Stephen Pindar on 0161 503 1956 (Specialist Construction Recruitment consultant) for a private and confidential chat.
Or email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org