We are looking for a Fabrication Workshop Supervisor to join a busy workshop in the Walsall area on a permanent basis.
The role will include being responsible for the day to day management of the wider workshop team to ensure efficiency, productivitiy and safety, in line with process and guidlines.
The Fabrication workshop supervisor will have an understanding of the day to day processes and requirements for the workshop, including:
Monitoring workflow and pipelines.
Arranging correct staffing for particular projects.
Arranging transport in case of off-site tasks.
Logging inbound materials and outbound stock, and accordingly updating relevant paperwork.
The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for health & safety processes, making sure the wider team is adgering to correct process and correct PPE is worn at all times.
Must hold a valid Responsible Welding Coordinator certification, previous experience in in-depth welding and fabrication to set out large structures, and experienced workshop supervisor with a strong background in a structural steel environment.
• Ability to read complex engineering drawings
• Excellent working knowledge of BSEN 1090 / ISO 14713 / BS EN 3834 standards
• Qualified and competent RWC with experience in the fabrication of large structures
• City & Guilds or time served fabricator / plater with in-depth welding and fabrication
knowledge and the ability to set out large structures
• Experienced workshop supervisor with strong background in structural steel
• Knowledge within waste water and Rail industries
• Hold PCN Level 2 qualification – MPI & DPI
• Experience in modular fabrications and pipework
• Knowledge of protective coating systems
If you are interested in the position, please reply to this advert with your CV for consideration.