Our client's Masterplanning and Urban Design team is a dynamic and enthusiastic group within a larger multidisciplinary design practise. Collaborating closely with colleagues in Town Planning, Landscape Design, and various architectural sectors, the team works on a variety of projects, including town and city centre regeneration and campus masterplanning.
As they enter a new year, we are seeking a highly skilled, passionate, and versatile urban designer to join their growing team in Bristol.
This role will be based in the heart of Bristol with their Urban Design and Masterplanning studio. As an integral part of their team, you will have the opportunity to work across various sectors within their practise.
We are looking for someone with a strong design background and a curious, driven, and technically proficient mindset.
This hands-on role requires initiative, excellent design and communication skills, and a passion for placemaking, masterplanning, and regeneration, as evidenced in your portfolio, which is a key driver for their studio's success.
- A background in mixed-use masterplanning projects
- Experience managing and overseeing projects, including financial reporting
- Familiarity with UK planning policy and RIBA Work Stages
- A keen interest in large-scale urban projects, and the ability to present your work in this context
- Collaborative mindset, able to work effectively in large multi-disciplinary teams on complex environments
- Understanding of contextual issues in surrounding areas
- Strong drawing and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly communicate design ideas and concept evolution
- Exceptional report writing skills, with the ability to convey complex strategies in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to build relationships and work positively with others
- Desire to stay updated on industry developments and expand the team's knowledge and expertise
- Proficiency in CAD with 3D modelling experience
- Familiarity with GIS
- Strong graphic skills, including drawings, diagrams, plans, and images, using Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Additional sustainability skills or qualifications are desirable
What's on offer:
- Full-time hours
- Flexible work environment
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Contemporary working environment in a prime location
- Friendly, open, and inclusive culture