Contract and working from home position to provide high-level technical support to the Principal Architectural Assistant and Senior Architectural Assistant in delivering a quality architectural design
service in a commercial environment.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
• To liaise with clients as part of the development brief and undertake feasibility studies. Oversee the preparation of cost estimates as necessary.
• To carry out surveys, sketch plans, working/technical drawings, robust details, specifications and prepare tender documentation for building projects using computer software (e.g., ACAD, Revit) and the Microsoft Office suite.
• To carry out contract administration, H&S (CDM Regs) co-ordination and cost control of schemes, commissioning co-ordination, ‘soft landings’ hand-over and photography of projects.
• To deal with queries and requests for information from the client services and support the team in project delivery as ‘intelligent client’ keeping abreast of developments and training in the field of architectural services and continuous professional development.
• To lead on small projects, as delegated, and provide specialist technical support and advice to client departments and other stakeholders and liaise with the design team as required.
• Act as a point of contact for technical and construction matters.
• To provide support in ensuring constitution including financial and contract procedure rules and other protocols and policy are fully observed.
• To provide support in the maintenance of the department’s quality assurance system, file data and processes and assist with performance management procedures and systems.
• To provide support with the timely maintenance of records, completion of weekly time sheets and record of design costs and project time allocation within the department’s monitoring system, measuring performance against set criteria.
Excellent hourly rate and length of contract to be negotiated. Please send full cv and portfolio of work across to email@example.com