Job Title: Estimator / Senior Estimator (Water AMP7)
Location: Flexible (Ideally Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Hertfordshire / Oxfordshire)
Flexibility: Working From Home Will Be Available Long Term, With Adhoc Office Visits
Sector: Water, AMP7, Infrastructure, Civil Engineering, Utilities
Type: Permanent Role (Contract Roles Will Be Considered).
Start: Q1 2021
Salary: Circa £50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum + Package
** Base salary is negotiable, based on prior relevant experience
Our client, a large contractor within the Water Industry, is currently looking for Estimators / Senior Estimators to join their team, ideally on a permanent basis. These positions have developed as our client is building a team for upcoming AMP7 works within the Thames Valley region. This opportunity will provide the chance to work on multidisciplinary projects within the Water sectors, inclusive of Non-Infra and Infra works, where projects will range from smaller £1 Million Framework schemes, through to £200+ Million Major Projects.
The successful candidates will play a key role in developing client relationships with Thames Water, working with the team around you to in turn win new business and help grow turnover. In this role, you will have the flexibility to work from home, however AdHoc office visits will be required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviewing tender documentation to fully understand the scope of works.
- Identifying commercial risk and opportunities for project cost reduction, where applicable.
- Establishing and communicating estimating tender timeline.
- Preparing estimates and cost plans in line with the brief.
- Creating Civil, M&E, MEICA project cost estimates, supporting the wider team when setting project budgets.
- Working with the supply chain to ensure target prices are set.
- Assisting in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services.
- Working in accordance with the direction of the Construction Management team.
- Implementing the management of an Estimate in conjunction with design project.
- Management and third-party input.
- Taking part in contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management reports.
- Preparation of standard documentation - reports, letters, financial statements etc.
- Assisting with the analysis of business cases, prepare reports at all stages of budget setting.
- Delivery of projects in line with customer objectives and contracted scope of works.
- Achieving the delivery of projects within budget.
Applicable candidates will ideally have:
- Previously have worked within the Water Sector on AMP 6 / AMP 7 projects.
- Previously have worked with clients such as Thames Water (or other applicable clients).
- A relevant qualification, such as a Degree/HND, in Engineering, Construction or Quantity Surveying (Or similar)
- Experience of Estimating Civil Engineering and M&E / MEICA Works.
- A relevant membership with MRICS/MCIOB (Or similar) (Or working towards).
- A working knowledge of Estimating packages, such as Candy, Conquest and Causeway.
- A working knowledge of TOTEX (Total Expenditure), Whole Life Costs.
- A working knowledge of NEC construction contracts
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.