Job Title: Estimator (Construction Build)
Location: Cambridge / Hertfordshire
Sector: Construction, Build (With associated civil engineering)
Software: Conquest Estimating Software Experienced Required
Start Date: Q2 2021
Job Type: Permanent Role
Salary: Circa £50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum + Package (Base salary negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, a growing Construction and Civil Engineering Contractor, who operate across the Construction Build sector, have an excellent opportunity available for an experienced Estimator to join their team on a permanent basis, where you will get the opportunity to work on large Construction projects across the UK.
In this role, you will work within a multidisciplinary Construction and Civil Engineering Team, who collectively have the responsibility to deliver major programmes of work, delivering multiple large-scale projects typically ranging from £5 Million to £100+ Million (value).
Overall, this is an exciting role that will help to expand the current construction business unit, which typically deliver projects such as Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Hospitality, Industrial and Residential projects across the UK, in turn helping the whole business to significantly grow.
The role itself will entail examining and completing tender documentation, working close the supply chain partners to procure competitive quotes for work and in return, our client is able to assist you with developing through your career, in line with your personal goals.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Managing subcontract and supplier tender return dates, ensuring tenders are submitted on time.
- Attending regular tender review meetings with the Senior Estimator.
- Working on large complex construction build projects, assisting the Senior Estimator in submitting tender/bids, to set guidelines.
- Completing tender documents for submission, in conjunction with the Senior Estimator, ensuring that all requested information is provided.
- Examining tender documents to understand scope, specification, completeness and risk.
- Developing and agreeing the appropriate supply chain strategy for each tender.
- Preparing and sending enquiry documents to providers of materials and sub-contractors, for the scope of work in hand.
- Attending pre-construction and construction site visits when required.
- Extracting bill of quantities from tender package to estimating software. Ensuring all items detailed in the bill of quantities, are resourced and priced to deliver the most economically robust and accurate net price.
- Evaluating returned quotations from suppliers / subcontractors and when necessary, communicating with suppliers & sub-contractors, to bring quotations in line with the project specification and tender requirements.
- Reviewing preliminaries with the Contract's Manager, Senior Estimator and wider Construction team, to ensure they are accurately priced on each tender.
- Liaising with the Senior Estimator to complete tender calculation sheets to the company standard.
- Completing accurate take off's for checking bill of quantities and cost plans.
- Striving for continuous improvement within the estimating process and your area of responsibility.
- Attending and contributing to internal tender meetings, to ensure that items such as the programme, insurance requirements, utilities and the design are fully understood.
- Reviewing any tender qualifications that may need to be considered with department colleagues.
- Attending review meetings and contributing to internal value engineering reviews.
- Reviewing and responding to Client's post tender queries in a timely manner.
- Abiding by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant industry qualification, such as a Degree, ONC, HNC or NVQ Equivalent. (ideally in Construction or Civil Engineering).
- Be accredited by ICE, RICS, CIOB (or similar), of be working towards accreditation.
- Previous experience working as an Estimator, having worked on previous successful tenders. (Ideally between £5 Million and £100+ Million in project value).
- A strong knowledge of Construction Build projects (i.e Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Hospitality, Industrial and Residential schemes - Civil Engineering and Infrastructure experience considered).
- A strong knowledge of the full tender and bid process, through technical, commercial, submissions and procurement stages.
- Working knowledge of Conquest Estimating Software.
- Working knowledge of standard forms of contract, such as NEC, JCT etc.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.