Anderselite have been contracted to source an Estimator to work within a Civil and M&E proposals team of a ‘Top 10’, Tier 1 contractor that are very busy indeed. The client has a national order book over the next 2 years that would rivial any other contractor.
The role will be held at their regional office in Wakefield and will provide a great future a head with many benefits to speak of.
As an Estimator as part of the team you will be expected to:
- Maintain tender database with all new tenders
- Reviewing tender documentation to fully determine and understand the conditions set out
- Quantify the extent of the works involved from tender documents
- Engage in the bid process to ensure timely production of submission documentation
- Identify potential risks and opportunities associated with the tender documents
- Identify and engage supply chain to maximise commercial opportunities and savings during the bids process
- Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates from first principals for a wide variety of civil engineering works and M&E, predominately in the Water Industry
- Check & ensure maintenance of a controlled copy of tender document & resultant communications
- Risk review of the tender to inform bid decisions in conjunction with Proposals staff
- Prepare subcontract & materials enquiries and review subsequent quotations
- Prepare an accurate cost estimate for the preliminaries resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements
- Check labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate with those derived from the tender programme
- Prepare & present the commercial aspects of the tender to the Managers for adjudication and approval
- Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client
- On acceptance of tender by Client check proposed contract reflects the enquiry documents and subsequent offer
- Prepare and present the commercial handover documents to the contract delivery team
- Liaise with construction teams to ensure output & resource data collected providing feedback for future tenders
What level experience level are they looking at?
The client would like to see experience in developing civil engineering and/or M&E price build-ups from engineering design data and drawings. They would like to see an industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent or at least 5 year’s Estimating experience. Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site businesses and ultimately, someone is has the ‘Get-up & Go’ about them. A Self-Starter, if you will.
What can they offer in return?
There is no doubt that this is a very exciting role a head with a business that is well-known throughout the industry for quality. They are poised for further growth and success and are committed to providing you with all the tool for you to excel. In exchange for the right person and skills-set, they offer a great package:
- Competitive Salary and Car/Allowance
- Generous holiday entitlement, increasing with years of service, plus the opportunity to purchase further holidays
- A wide range of corporate discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work schemes
- Comprehensive pension plan
- Regular Save as You Earn share purchase scheme
- Private medical scheme options are available for all salaried employees and our employee assistance programme also provides free 24/7 support to those who need it.
If you think that this role is for you and would like to know more about it or be considered for it, then please submit your CV today.