NEW ROLE Estimator - Building projects - Manchester based role
My client undertakes turnkey projects for major blue-chip building clients, including ground/civil engineering works, steel frames and access metalwork, cladding, masonry, joinery, full fit out and finishing trades both on new build and refurbishment projects. They regularly undertake structural and architectural design as part of our service. My client prides themselves on repeat business from many of their longstanding clients and continued close working relationships with their supply chain.
They are now looking to expand our growing team, and looking to recruit an experienced Estimator, to join their experienced and well-established team.
Key focus of the Role:
Using industry knowledge and experience to provide detailed estimates for client projects.
Other responsibilities include:
· Review tender information
· Take off and measure from drawings and specifications to provide a detailed Bill of Quantities
· Price the Bill of Quantities
· Prepare cost budgets and cost estimates for new tenders
· Responsible for estimating services providing detailed measures, including Bill of Quantities production
· Adhere to company standards and guidelines when analysing and providing estimates, focussing on maximising profit and client satisfaction and minimising and potential risk to the company
· Prepare comprehensive competitive costs estimates
· Co-ordinate the compilation and timely return of all tenders, by working closely with other departments involved in the process
· Keep detailed and accurate records of all estimation documentation
· Be able to balance multiple proposals and estimations at any one time
· Supply Chain control and effective liaison with clients and subcontractors
· On-going improvement to company systems and procedures to maintain our ISO 9001, 14401 and 45001 accreditations
Skills and Qualifications:
· Considerable experience within the construction industry
· Strong customer-facing skills
· Strong communication skills, and able to liaise with all relevant parties both internally and externally
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to manage own workload, and multiple projects simultaneously
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an excellent eye for detail
· Problem solving and strong numerical skills with a good eye for detail
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel and Project
· Possess a full UK Driving Licence as some site visits may be required
What this client can provide:
28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
Company Pension scheme
Salary dependent on experience
Someone used to working in a fast paced environment, capable of turning tenders around quickly, who can put a price together without necessarily getting all of the prices back from the sub-contractors, but using historical data. Using both tendering portals and pricing works from existing clients.
£40,000 - £55,000
Pension plus contributions
To register your interest in this excellent career opportunity, please submit your most recent CV to myself or call me if you have any questions on 07980 006 436 for a confidential discussion if you want to apply please send your cv
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.