We are recruiting for an Environmental Manager on behalf of a leading multi-discipline building and engineering contractor. This is for an exciting leadership position in our client’s Environmental team to continue to excel in BREEAM, LEED and WELL delivery and strive for whole life cycle Carbon reduction across their business activities and supply chain.
Ideally, the candidate would be available to start immediately, factoring in notice periods.
The salary for Environmental Manager varies, as it would depend on qualifications and experience. The benefits include company pension, private medical care and a yearly bonus. Working hours are Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 5.30pm.
• Responsible for providing environmental support to the business units & corporate support for business development, bids & project execution.
• Overseeing Company Environmental Management System. Monitoring Company Environmental Aspects and Impacts Matrix and actioning environmental initiatives to continuously improve project and business environmental performance. Preparing and reporting department outputs in contract and business performance reviews.
• Advising the Board of Directors on the company’s strategy and execution towards Carbon Neutrality and ambitions of a Net Zero Carbon supply chain.
• Provision of sustainable design options to project management & construction teams, notably in material management, waste diversion, construction execution, carbon, water & energy reduction.
• Provision of specialist environmental and sustainability advice to ensure legal and contractual compliance. Ensuring that environmental excellence beyond compliance adopted whenever commercially feasible.
• Overseeing and providing guidance to environmental team members to effectively manage and report internal and client KPI’s and project auditing.
• Conducting Carbon valuations and product Life Cycle Assessments throughout contract duration. Further using the data in collaboration with Company internal building services design department to promote sustainable considerations within Company internal Alternatives and Innovations schedule.
• Calculating environmental and economic values, advising the business on options for reducing environmental impacts in areas such as waste and Carbon reduction, through materials specification and supply chain management.
The successful candidate will have:
• Ability to meet the duties and responsibilities outlined above, demonstrated through at least 2 years’ experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with adequate proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Ability to reliably commute full time to London office required
• Higher education qualification in a relevant subject is favourable
• Familiarity with BREEAM, LEED, WELL, NABERS and SKA is favourable
If you are interested in applying for the role of Environmental Manager, please contact Sadek directly or click Apply Now and submit your CV.