Environmental Advisor - construction/rail project - East London - £30k-£40k+package
This role provides an excellent opportunity for an individual to be part of a growing rail and engineering business. The role shall involve advising on a major rail project, providing technical environmental and sustainability advice to operational and support staff.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:-
* To provide advice and assistance to staff and employees on environmental issues.
* To undertake audits and inspections.
* To support operational teams in their application for environmental permits and consents
* For liaising with employees, Clients and third parties such as environmental regulators
* To support the SHEQ Department in the development of internal systems, and in the pursuit of SHEQ strategy objectives.
* To undertake training.
* To collate data and support site teams with implementing Client sustainable development plans.
* To maintain good communications with the Environmental Manager, regional health and safety and operational teams and the Head Office SHEQ team.
Candidates for this role should be effective team members and meet the following criteria:
* Have experience in the civil engineering sector, in an environmental related role, ideally with some knowledge of the rail sector.
* Have a good working knowledge of ISO14001.
* Have as a minimum a good working knowledge of waste, ecology, noise and works in or around water risks and controls
* Environmental auditor (desired)
* Have an excellent knowledge of environmental legislation.
* Be familiar with the environmental consenting processes
* Be able to understand and interpret environmental data and be able to summarise information
* Be a confident communicator.
* Be supportive, helpful, pragmatic and considerate.
* Be a conscientious person who can manage their own workload to meet tight deadlines.
* Be a good team player who will work with the other SHEQ team members in providing a quality service to employees and our Client.
* Have excellent IT skills, especially Word, Excel, Outlook
* Degree educated (or equivalent) in a civil engineering or environmental field.
* IEMA, CIWEM or IEEM member
* CSCS card (desirable)
* Personal Track Safety (PTS) card (desirable)
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.