Electrical Project Engineer - Permanent - Birmingham - circa £50,000 plus company benefits
AndersElite are recruiting for a Electrical Project Engineer for a leading national building services contractor based in their Birmingham office.
This is a permanent position (available May-June 2022 onwards) and will offer a salary, depending on experience, of approximately £50,000 per annum plus benefits, including company car or car allowance, excellent company bonus scheme, pension and some private healthcare.
Our client is a leading brand in the UK building services market, so this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Electrical Project Engineer to be part of a thriving business whilst contributing to growing performance in the Midlands region.
Reporting into the Senior Project Manager, the selected candidate will be required to manage electrical services installations on a large new build development within the healthcare sector with an electrical services value of approximately £7million. This is a site based role working Monday to Friday in Birmingham.
The electrical engineer is responsible for the profitable management of allocated elements of the project to ensure engineering, quality and safety and time parameters are met.
Key accountabilities of this role include:
- Deliver the cash and profit expectations
- Control and monitor the material and sub-contract procurement
- Manage the sub-contract packages to comply with our requirements
- Manage the financial productivity of the labour resource
- Manage the recovery of all change (i.e. cost)
- Assist the Senior Project Surveyor with reports, valuations and forecasts
- Manage the commissioning and hand over procedures
- Work to agreed quality plan
- Maintaining accurate records of communication and job progress by attending relevant site meetings
- Monitoring the nature and volume of any defects reported and ensure all justifiable complaints are speedily responded to and resolved
- Monitor and report progress of the installation against programme
- Ensuring planned site activities are efficiently carried out, with particular attention being given to the planning and control of labour resources and storage, control and utilisation of materials
- Manage the information flow to our sub-contractors
- Motivating and managing the Project and Site Teams to ensure a high level of performance
- Coordinate sub-contractors and suppliers
- Ensure resource availability to deliver the project plan
- Interpret the requirements of the specification and the drawings
- Understand technical content of their specification and drawings
- In conjunction with Project Manager resolve any conflicts between our contractual obligations and the “wants” of the client / contractor
- Ensure quality and delivery gives rise to repeat business
- Maintain a good working relationship with client/contractor
- Ensure technical/engineering compliance
This position is available from May-June 2022, with applications welcome from candidates who are either immediately available or serving a notice period with their current employer.
It is advantageous for candidates to possess a degree / HNC in Building Services or any other technical qualifications, including SMSTS / CSCS for site management, although all applicants will be judged primarily on their previous experience.
If you are interested in this role, please send your current CV urgently to firstname.lastname@example.org