Electrical Design Engineer - Water
£36,000 - £45,000
My client, a major construction consultancy, is looking for Electrical Engineers with water/wastewater sector design experience to join their growing Thames Water design team. Your role as Electrical Engineer will be to work collaboratively with the Design Manager and provide electrical design technical governance and support to our team and the client.
This is a new framework for my client and as such you will have the opportunity to be involved in developing relationships with the client, grow your professional network, and contribute to setting the framework and the way we deliver.
- Work collaboratively with members of the business, and their client team, and contribute to creating a positive and engaging environment.
- Support the technical development of the overall team and supervise the work of electrical engineers, providing technical and professional guidance to aid their development.
- Contribute to driving an excellence culture in the team, including identifying and addressing competency gaps.
- Deliver electrical engineering design, including managing design quality control processes and checking and reviewing the work of others.
- Contribute to the identification and development of affordable and low carbon solutions, including risk management.
- Produce technical specifications, control philosophies and schedules.
- Support engagement with suppliers and subcontractors and undertake technical reviews of their design.
- Understand the client's standards and support the Design Lead to ensure that the electrical design outputs comply with the required standards and quality requirements to achieve client acceptance.
- Support the Project Leader and Design Lead in technical meetings with the client to achieve acceptances.
- Appreciate the competing tensions of time, cost and quality.
- Manage safety, wellbeing, environment and sustainability within your designs.
- Positively engage with Thames Water to develop relationships and influence, and to enhance our reputation and develop a point of difference.
- Identify opportunities to innovate and develop the client's standards to achieve value and efficiencies.
- Contribute to achieving high internal and client KPI scores.
- Engage with the appropriate business practices and develop relationships with the wider business group to enhance their performance.
- Must have right to work in the United Kingdom
- Qualified chartered (or working towards) electrical design engineer with experience in water, or wastewater, non-infrastructure and infrastructure design.
- A broad experience in LV and HV distribution systems, motor control centres/control panels, electrical installation, SCADA and telemetry systems.
- Use of software package for carrying out detailed cable calculations.
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary teams
- Understanding of designer's responsibilities under CDM
- Proven record in mentoring and developing junior staff in design.
- Understanding of program, budget and quality requirements.
- An understanding of procurement and construction.
- Proactive approach and growth mindset, with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios.
- Able to manage competing tensions for the benefit of developing better outcomes.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.