Role: Electrical Design Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience + benefits.
This role offers a Hybrid working Pattern and flexible working hours.
With more than 50,000 people worldwide, our client, a top engineering specialist globally, is seeking seasoned electrical design engineers to join their project management consulting team. Although this position will be based in one of their Manchester or Leeds offices, it offers the chance to join a national delivery team and collaborate with designers from all over the UK and abroad via their Global Technology Centre.
You will need to interact with clients and be involved in project management and design on a daily basis for the chance. Energy and carbon are key components of this position given the growing significance of decarbonizing the built environment, enhancing air quality, and adopting energy-efficient design solutions.
This position will provide the opportunity to advance technical expertise already possessed as well as to increase project management and digital expertise. Although skills from working in the commercial, residential, education, transportation, or defence sectors would be advantageous, this post will require multi-sector experience. The ideal candidate will bring to the position excellent technical capabilities, a curious mind capable of contributing to the expansion of our digital practise, and the ability to lead and manage sizable, diverse delivery teams both locally and remotely.
You will be responsible for:
• Ensuring that project briefs are understood.
• All electrical building services systems (electricity, earthing, lighting, life safety, telecommunications, security, access control, elevators, lightning protection, and so on) must be designed and specified.
• Producing thorough computations utilising industry-standard software tools, such as Excel, Amtech, Dialux/Relux, custom tools, etc., while guiding others to do the same.
• Technical standards creation using NBS
• Utilising a working knowledge of Autodesk Revit to prepare models and drawings in collaboration with our BIM team.
• Attending meetings with clients and contractors on behalf of the company.
• Inspections, site surveys, and work monitoring
• Drafting reports and technical notes.
• Keeping thorough records and archives in accordance with company standards.
• Compliance with all governance, environmental, and quality processes
• Managing ones own workload, constantly revising a workload forecast, and adhering to time constraints
• Managing project delivery components and having an awareness of budget costing
• Reviewing the status and informing the project lead of any anomalies and modifications to the scope.
• Aid in the technical training of less experienced employees.
Your qualifications and skillset will include:
• A degree in electrical engineering, building services engineering, or a related field is required, or an equivalent certification.
• Chartered Engineer with the IET or CIBSE
• An excellent command of a variety of software programmes, including Amtech/Prodesign, Dialux/Relux, NBS, and Microsoft products. Any HV equipment will be useful.
• Familiar with strategies for decarbonizing both new and existing buildings that involve energy reduction.
• Some familiarity with energy-related agreements and financing techniques like SALIX
• Knowledge of data collection and analytics linked to energy and carbon.
• Understanding the fundamentals of building physics, including passive design techniques and fabric-first strategies,
• Capable of designing for measurement and verification, with expertise in commissioning and performance evaluation after installation.
• It is crucial to have prior experience working in a design consultancy or contractor design setting.
• thorough understanding of relevant technical standards
• Able to make judgements, use your own initiative, take control of project deliverables, and work in a proactive manner.
• Good report-writing skills, as well as experience giving presentations at and attending client meetings, are required.
• Capable of operating efficiently within the time and financial constraints set forth at project briefing meetings.
• Whenever necessary, do any additional reasonable responsibilities or obligations requested by the management team in order to keep the organisation flexible.
You will receive:
• Competitive Pay
• A collaborative and friendly working culture
• 25 days holiday + Statutory Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy additional days
• Gym Membership Discounts
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programmes for advice and counselling
• A generous company Pension and Death in Service scheme
If you are an electrical engineer looking for a new role, then please apply.
For more information, please contact Danielle Vermeer on 0113 242 0303 or email Danielle.Vermeer@anderselite.com
- Sector: Construction, Consulting Engineering
- Contact: Danielle Vermeer
- Contact Email: Danielle.Vermeer@anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 0113 242 0303
- Expiry Date: 25 October 2023
- Job Ref: 403948DVR
Role: Electrical Design Engineer