Electrical Design Engineer
Are you looking to develop your career in electrical design? AUK top 10 company are looking to add electrical design engineer to join their collaborative team in Manchester.
If you’re looking for a clear/structured career path or a simple change of scenery working on some of the top projects and client around this could be the role for you.
You will be responsible for the pre and post contact design and coordination of electrical systems including Low Voltage Distribution, Small Power, Communications, Lighting, Fire Alarm Systems, Intruder Alarms, Access Control and Lighting Protection.
- Competitive salary roughly between £45,000 - £55,000
- Car allowance at £3960 per annum
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Birthday off
- Hybrid working
- Personal development plan and mentorship from a lead engineer
- Payment of professional membership bodies such as CIBSE
- Free onsite parking
Main Responsibilities / Duties:
- Communicate with clients, advising on suitable technical solutions to client’s requirements, fees and timescales etc.
- Help produce cost plans and pre-tender estimates and cost comparisons for systems/plant
- Undertake site visits i.e. surveys and prepare reports
- Liaise with Architects, Structural Engineers, and Contractors
- Monitor design progress in accordance with the programme/deadline
- Check QA on design/project work to ensure compliance
- Share your knowledge and technical ability and advise accordingly to help progress the less experienced team members
- Produce design sketches
- Develop the design through all stages of the project – from planning to completion
- Produce specifications, schematics, calculations and drawings etc.
Required skills/ experience:
- Relevant Qualifications i.e. ONC/HNC/Degree in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering
- Ability to use technical packages i.e. CAD, Dialux/Relux, Amtech.
- Willingness to learn and get stuck into all parts of the role
- Excellent communication skills, dealing with other employees and external clients.
- Ability to understand/produce detailed technical drawings.
- Confident and proactive approach