Job Title: Earthworks Engineer Land Surveyor
Sector: Land Surveying, Earthworks
Start Date: Q3 2021
Job Type: Permanent Role
Salary: Circa £38,000 to £48,000 Per Annum + Package (Also willing to consider contract workers)
**Salary or pay rate negotiable on relevant experience and level**
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor, who operate within the Infrastructure sector, have an excellent opportunity available for an Earthworks Engineer / Land Surveyor to join their team, with the role suiting a competent Land Surveyor, with a strong knowledge of Earthworks.
This role will involve working on a large scale construction development in the Coventry area, where our client is delivering large scale groundworks and earthworks for a major construction infrastructure development, alongside associated drainage, utilities and structures. The role will entail surveying, measurement and monitoring of excavated materials and earthworks on site, including of volumetric calculations, using LSS software.
You will work closely with the Lead Engineer and Project Management staff on the scheme, to ensure that all works as carried out as planned, through careful day to day monitoring of work, therefore helping to ensuring the project stays within programme.
Daily duties with include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking land / topographic and engineering surveys, for earthworks completed on site.
- Using a variety of specialist equipment and technology such as LSS.
- Measuring, monitoring and checking levels of excavated material, including volumetric calculations.
- Producing models for machine control and earthworks
- Processing gathered data and analysing information thoroughly, before handing information over.
- Checking equipment is correct and calibrated for all site activities.
- Producing site records with specified output/deliverables as required.
- Preparing survey drawings.
- Presenting data to clients and writing reports.
- Advising on technical matters related to land surveying and earthworks.
- Supporting development of in-house engineers and surveyors, training on the use of survey equipment, as required.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification in Land Surveying or Civil Engineering (Such as a Degree/HNC - or similar).
- Previously worked as a Land Surveyor, having a strong knowledge of land surveying techniques and topographical surveyors etc.
- A strong knowledge of earthworks, including volumetric calculations.
- Strong working knowledge of specialist earthworks monitoring software, such as LSS.
- A strong background in heavy civil engineering, inclusive of groundworks, earthworks and muckshift techniques, alongside excavation, material testing and re-use etc.
- Relevant qualifications including CSCS Card.
- Strong knowledge of HSQE regulations.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.