Are you an ambitious Design engineer with a proven track record in the Rail industry?
Would you like to work on some of the most prestigious rail works in the country?
Our client is one of the leading rail contractors in the UK and they are looking for an experienced Design Engineer to come aboard and assist in bringing their design works completely in-house.
Having secured several long-term Frameworks with key clients, our client is further expanding their in-house Civil & Structural Design team. We have several positions available at various levels for engineers who are committed to delivering the optimum design solution, building on their experience, and furthering their professional development.
The in-house design team consists of specialist designers at various levels of competency responsible for design engineering on a variety of civils, rail and engineering projects and frameworks including CP6, asset management contracts, infrastructure projects and tendered rail / civils / E&P schemes.
Within the wider business, projects can typically include bridge re-construction/replacement, upgrades and refurbishments, station work (platforms etc.), access for all schemes, structures including bridges, tunnels and footbridges and all associated E&P works typically consisting of Electrification, Plant, Mechanical, Electrical, Power, Lighting etc.
We are seeking an experienced, rail orientated E&P Design Engineer for the In‐house Design Team to further support our client in undertaking E&P Design across several long-term Frameworks that they have secured with several major Clients.
As E&P Design Engineer you will have the responsibility for the development of technical solutions within the team’s budgetary, programme and quality requirements.
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as an E&P Design Engineer in a rail engineering environment. Your day-to-day role will include:
• Using initiative and confidence to put forward solutions based on sound engineering principles.
• Challenge the brief, enabling innovative development of unambiguous engineering solutions from feasibility through to detailed design.
• Design and checking of engineering solutions.
• Production of clear, consistent, referenced calculations, reports and sketches to current CoP and Standards.
• Clear communication of design philosophy and requirements with other team members.
• Design representative at meetings with the project team and/or external Clients and Stakeholders.
• Appreciation of the team’s financial, quality and programme targets.
• Promote safe working practices in all areas.
• Minimum BEng / BSc Degree level of education in a relevant subject area.
• Sentinel Personal Track Safety (PTS) competence in both AC and DC.
• E&P project design experience in a rail environment
• Candidates from a rail E&P engineering design background with experience in client / contractor or consultancy organisations will be considered.
• Working knowledge of relevant British standards/ BS7671 / 18TH Edition wiring regulations/Railway Group standards/Network Rail standards plus preferred an understanding of LUL standards.
• Full working knowledge of Microstation/ProjectWise/Hevacomp/Amtech/DIALux and all relevant software packages.
• Competitive annual salary negotiable dependant on experience
• Company Car or Car Allowance
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
• Up to 3 volunteer days
• Company contributory Pension scheme
• Life Insurance
• Westfield Health Cash Plan & Westfield Rewards
• Generous Employee referral scheme
• Support and employee infrastructure embedded in the business as a platform for personal and professional development creating pathways for unrivalled career development and progression opportunities internally.
• Consistent learning opportunities
• A safe place to work
• Employee forum’s that provide a platform for having your voice heard
Please contact Reuben on 0113 242 0303 or firstname.lastname@example.org