Job Title: Drainage Engineer
Location: South-East England (Work From Home - Maidstone / Basingstoke etc)
Sector: Highways, Infrastructure, Drainage, Construction, Civil Engineering
Start Date: Q3/Q4 2022
Job Type: Permanent Role
Hours: 37 Hours Per Week.
Salary: Circa £33,000 to £37,000 Per Annum + Package (Holidays, 10% pension etc)
**Salary negotiable on relevant experience and level
We are currently recruiting Drainage Engineers for a Highways client (Government-owned company), who are looking to add heads to their team on a permanent basis. They have an exciting opportunity for someone to join their Highways team in the South-East region, where you will get the opportunity to work on large and prestigious Highway infrastructure projects across the region, supporting and gaining experience from Senior Engineers, Project Managers and other peers.
Within this role, you will be undertaking the identification and evaluation of asset data and needs to develop early solutions, in line with agreed methodologies and prioritisation criteria and the designing of highway renewals and maintenance schemes.
Daily duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop early solutions for improvements and/or renewals, including the compiling of relevant documents, evidence adoptions for value management, considering new techniques, materials, buildability, and costs.
- Ensure that asset data and condition information is captured and maintained in the relevant database(s), in line with agreed standards and timescales.
- Development of asset management documents.
- Identify, prepare briefs and support delivery of survey works that support the improvement and/or renewal of assets.
- Develop technical briefs provided to external design services contractor for improvement and renewals work.
- Design of highway renewals and maintenance schemes.
- Development of forward works programme.
- Ensure the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service activity.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have worked as a Civil Engineer / Drainage Engineer, with appropriate highway/rail/utilities drainage experience (or similar)
- Degree or HND in relevant discipline and appropriate experience (or similar). (Ideal not Essential)
- Experience in highway construction and delivery methods.
- Experience of management, inspection and design of renewal schemes.
- Working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) standards, methods of working & Specification for Highway Works.
- Good knowledge of CDM 2015.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.