My client has a fantastic opportunity for a Document Controller to join the team in their West Yorkshire office. My client is a top UK national housebuilder with a 5 star rating who work on a mixture of new build housing.
The Document Controller will work within the Design & Technical team to provide a consistent and timely service to the development teams by ensuring that project information/drawings/documentation is managed, communicated, filed and retrievable in accordance with the businesses BMS procedures. The role is expected to evolve and develop to reflect the operational need and requirements of the Yorkshire region.
- To attend internal project start UP Meetings and internal handover meetings, to ensure a smooth transition from project inception to construction phase.
- To be responsible for the management of documents for multiple projects, ensuring Teams Channels and Project Folders are created for projects, and documents are uploaded in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with procedures, guidance and forms contained within the corporate Business Management System (BMS).
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the document controller process at operational level.
- Maintain knowledge and experience of Viewpoint 4Projects at an operational level and any significant software.
- Ensure documentation follows approvals process.
- Carry out quality assurance checks on all information uploaded.
- Ensure all documents are up to date and completed correctly prior to internal or external audits.
- Ensure external documentation is identified and distributed as agreed.
- Ensure all drawings / documentation are controlled and maintained in a methodical manner.
- Manage user accounts, permissions and provide systems training.
- Support internal and external users regarding system issues.
- Liaise with production team regarding handover & completion information / documentation
- Complete monthly reports as required.
- Main point of contact for any systems related questions queries.
- Analyse systems usage and outputs
- Communicating with Business unit leaders and stakeholders regarding systems process and requirements
- Providing training into systems for new starters
- Working with Group teams to drive system improvements and enhancements
- Reporting back to the Business unit board on system implementation
- Collate all systems feedback and issues to relevant parties
- Work with all Business unit members to drive system compliance and consistency
- Management of Drawings printing and distribution to all sites
Skills, experience and qualifications
- IT literate – Office 365
- Experience of using Viewpoint 4Projects
- Knowledge and understanding of the Document Control process at operational level is vital.
- Minimum of two years' experience of carrying out a similar role
- Ability to understand and interpret construction drawings and documents
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively liaise and coordinate activities between departments
- Great attention to detail
- Prioritise workload when managing multiple contracts / tasks.
- To have a positive and flexible approach to work, integrate with the existing team and provide support and guidance to others when required.
Salary and Package
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Support with a professional membership
This is a superb opportunity to join an established but growing business working with opportunity for career progression. For more information on this role please contact Paul Wilkinson on the number supplied or via email on email@example.com