My client has a fantastic opportunity for a Development Manager to join their team in the East Midlands area. My client is a top UK national housebuilder with a 5 star rating who work on a mixture of new build housing and retirement village projects.
As a Development Manager you will be responsible for pre-construction phases of development projects, overseeing all legal, design and planning issues and coordinating with estimating, mobilisation and construction teams.
- Drive the progress of each project by active management and mitigate against slippage, to ensure the Development Programme is delivered to set timescales.
- Prepare reports and risk registers to gain internal approvals and ensure audit compliance.
- Appoint Solicitors via the framework. Work with land agents and appointed legal advisors to negotiate and agree land contracts, ensuring any development related matters are fully resolved prior to entering contracts.
- Appoint and manage consultant teams e.g. architects, engineers, to produce scheme specific information and ensure the timely submission of schemes to the appropriate planning authority and statutory bodies in line with agreed timescales.
- Procure suitable supporting information e.g. surveys, reports, assessments etc. required to support the planning process and enable sufficient pre delivery planning/design.
- Maintain excellent communication with the project team and internal stakeholders to ensure relevant information is correctly shared and circulated, and all actions are progressed in a timely manner.
- Identify and mitigate against risk and work with colleagues, partners and stakeholders to manage risk pre start on site.
- When required, organise and lead/ attend client meetings acting in a professional manner to positively represent the company at all times.
- Follow the internal development process, ensuring all systems are maintained with accurate information at all times.
- Resolve problems in collaboration with the project teams and colleagues, and share learning to champion continuous improvement and ensure successful delivery of schemes.
- Promote and represent the company when appropriate in order to maximise development opportunities and the reputation of the company.
- When required, assess new business opportunities, undertake feasibility work and prepare ‘offer documentation’ as required.
- Network with new and existing clients to identify opportunities to expand the business.
Experience and qualifications
- As a minimum, educated to A level standard or equivalent, or ability to demonstrate relevant experience in a similar position.
- Proficient in MS Office programmes; particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience in a development role within the Construction, Property Development or Housing Industry
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and lead the development process.
- Good geographic knowledge of the Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire area preferable
- Organised and methodical, with good attention to detail
- Highly numerate with the ability to undertake feasibility appraisals.
- Highly literate and able to understand and interpret complex legal documentation.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to prioritise
- Able to work under own initiative, having good decision making skills and a keen sense of responsibility
- Professional manner
- Able to work as part of a team as well as autonomously
- Ability to communicate well with individuals at all levels
- Experience of all stages of development including legal, design, planning related activities, and health and safety.
Salary and Package
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Support with a professional membership
This is a superb opportunity to join an established but growing business working with opportunity for career progression. For more information on this role please contact Paul Wilkinson on the number supplied or via email on email@example.com