Coordinate key information, engineering and working drawing packages to enable any given residential development to be built as intended and to obtain all necessary technical approvals and permissions.
• Manage site as agreed with the Technical Director from design stage to post completion, in line with delivery programme.
• Comply with and all current company BMS procedures.
• Coordinate information from Consultants, Subcontractors and Site team via collaborative web based documentation file sharing web site (4 Projects).
• Undertake key aspects of the Principle Designer role as defined within the Construction Design & Management Regulation 2015.
• Manage and collate information Planning, Building Control, BREEAM, CODE Building for life, HQI, NHBC and SBD information / requirements.
• Co-ordinate delivery of surveys & reports required for the development and manage associated requirements from design to completion.
• Manage and oversee design coordination of the Mechanical and Electrical design and installation.
• Co-ordinate consultants to deliver the civil engineering designs including legal plans.
• Undertaking value engineering assessments and ensure buildability.
• Co-ordinate submission of designs and securing technical approvals for agreements such as S104, S38 and S278.
• Following technical approval being granted, managing timely completion of legal agreements.
• Co-ordinate utility designs and initial mains laying onto site, ensuring legal agreements completed in timely manner.
• Where applicable obtaining Management Company quotations, reviewing, comparing and providing the Technical Director with recommendation for appointments.
• Assist in production of Sales brochure, legal and sales handover meetings.
• Provide information for Housing Association contracts and attendance of progress meetings,
• Co-ordinate consultants to deliver the house type working drawing packs and liaise with key suppliers to provide ancillary drawing information for tender, construction and sales packs.
• Co-ordinate the accuracy of information supplied by all departments to ensure no discrepancies.
• Submission of all information to NHBC and obtaining approval of same, obtaining SAP Assessments together with PEA’ and EPC’s, Secured by Design Approval and Robust Standard Details.
• Obtaining and collating all ancillary specialist drawings including hot water supply, heating, kitchen, stair, lintels, p.c. ground floors, and precast upper floors.
• Attending and chairing Pre-Start Meetings and briefing all departments on matters related to the engineering and working drawings.
• Co-ordinate information and liaise with architects, civil and structural engineers and landscape architects, ensuring consistency between various designs.
• Assist the Land & Development teams with advice during the land acquisition stage and assist in the information to discharge of planning conditions.
• Prepare all drawings and documents for Pre-Start Meetings & handover packs.
• Prepare and chairing Design team meetings.
• Producing request for information in line with the procurement schedule and program as ensure deadlines are achieved.
• To monitor and report technical & development fees including S106 obligations.
• Resolve all technical related queries including conducting site visits as required.
This job description is not a definitive list of duties. It provides an outline of Key Performance
Indicators required for this position. The job holder may be asked to undertake other duties to meet
• Attend departmental meetings as required.
• Chair pre development meetings with external consultants and internally within the business unit.
• Ensure all relevant stakeholders are informed of key departmental developments.
Health & Safety
• Untertake key aspects of the Principle Designer role as defined within the Construction Design & Management Regulation 2015.
• Ensure you have read the Company’s health and safety policies and procedures observe them at all times.
• Reporting any accidents or near misses immediately to your Manager and record them in the accident book.
• Ensure your workplace is kept tidy and any hazards are eliminated or reported to your line manager.
• Wear appropriate protective clothing on site at all times.
• Attends all health and safety training as required by the Company.
Education, training or qualifications • BTEC HND/HNC in Design, Construction or Civil Engineering
• Several years of relevant experience in a similar role with a residential developer • Further education, i.e. CIOB
• Princinple Designer and associated Health and Safety training/ qualifications.
• CSCS card qualification.
Relevant experience • At least 24 months experience working within a technical role at a residential house builder.
• Good level of IT litracy with experience of AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel & Word,
• Proven ability in a Technical Coordinator role of delivering design for projects on time, to budget and quality standards with high customer satisfaction results.
• Use of Viewpoint drawing management system.
• Proficient use of Auto Cad.
• Management of technical fees and services cost to complete.
Special skills or knowledge • Excellent organisation and time management with ability to multi task.
• Commercially aware.
• Ability to make decisions within authority.
• Able to lead and work as a team member.
• Experienced in analysing problems and delivering solutions.
• Strong mathematical ability.
• Be able to design and interpret the designs and technical demands of others. • Continued professional development and keeping up to date with changes within the industry.
Excellent salary and benefits package along with car allowance and continuous training involved.