Job Title: Design Manager / Design Team Lead (Water - Electrical Focus)
Sectors: Water, AMP7, WTW, STW, Sewage, Waste Pipe Infrastructure, Civil Engineering
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: £45,000 to £60,000 Per Annum + Package (Negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, an established and leading Principal Construction Contractor, operating within Civil Engineering sector, is currently looking for a Design Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
The role sits within their water division, where you would be responsible for the coordination and production of designs, for multi-disciplinary water and wastewater projects (WTW Water Treatment and / or infrastructure) focused primarily on electrical design, working closely with both operational and commercial teams for UK clients. The role would report into a regional Design Manager.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provision of engineering design solutions from inception to completion, of multi-disciplinary projects, focussing on electrical design elements.
- Supporting Design Managers to ensure programme and commercial compliance of design.
- Supporting Design Managers to ensure compliance with relevant operating procedures.
- Ensure appropriate technical governance is applied to all designs.
- Review of scheme designs to ensure client specifications and standards, operational requirements and retain appropriate levels of operational security.
- Ensure full compliance with relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Supporting innovation, value engineering and digital design, offering advice to clients with regard to potential solutions with best whole life cost, challenging design partners and supply chain to ensure cost effectiveness in design activities and solutions through the process.
- Working in conjunction with delivery teams to promote integrated project delivery.
- Scoping project requirements through documentation review, site visits & client discussions.
- Working with external design companies, supply chain & where applicable clients’ designers.
- Leading and mentoring a team of engineers reporting to you.
- Management of workload within your team, with the assistance of the Senior Design Manager.
- Supporting your engineers as required on more complicated aspects of the projects that they are delivering.
- Responsibility for ensuring that each of your engineers is delivering project deliverables on time and to appropriate quality.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have previous design management experience, with an electrical bias.
- Have previous experience Design Managing AMP6 or AMP7 Water projects.
- Hold relevant qualifications, such as professional qualifications in the electrical design field.
- Working knowledge of water and sewage treatment
- Working knowledge of multi-disciplinary engineering design
- Commercial and contractual awareness
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520 or via LinkedIn.