Anderselite are currently recruiting for an experienced Design Manager to join one of the UK's leading Tier 1 contractors on a permanent basis in the West Midlands region, specifically working on a high profile, major highways proejct. The successful Design Manager will be responsible for the management of design process during the project phases from pre-construction to delivery and handover.
- Manage the permanent works design team including specialist designers, internal designers, and subcontractors responsible for their own design elements.
- Monitor performance including KPI's.
- Manage the design contracts, application authorisations, change control in design and contribute to evaluation and forecasts.
- Ensure technical and commercial compliance, including change control
- Ensure efficiency of process, design, health, and safety.
- Facilitate and support the scheme team integration, coordination, and communication, including external stakeholders and supply partners with regards to design and engineering.
- Establish a network or working relationships on the scheme and maintain regular coordination with key contacts and peers.
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach and commitment to continuous improvement - finding better ways of working.
- Degree in Architectural Design / Design Management or a qualification of a similar discipline.
- Previous experience working on major highways schemes.
- Project-based design management and BIM experience.
- Experience on Network Rail assets is preferred.
- Experience of design management at pre-construction and construction phases.
for more information on the Design Manager position please contact Macauly at Anderselite on 0121 200 5520.