Deliver technical solutions in response to the needs of the company’s programme of work, initially working on the HS2 Euston MDJV project. Works at Euston will include managing the completion of the design for a multiutility Gas and Watermain diversions along the Hampstead Road and a new temporary road, through the blue book process working with both stakeholders and external designers and internal temporary works designers. Assist in the development of design scopes and the review of tenders through to contract award. Lead design consultants and multi-discipline engineering teams to deliver the design solutions to programme and budget, including complex enabling and temporary works schemes.
Take responsibility for the technical compliance, multi-disciplinary co-ordination, quality andappropriateness of solutions delivered. Leading the design assurance process an production of deliverables to satisfy HS2 and Key Stakeholder requirements, managing site change and assisting with handover including as-builts.
Support the project delivery teams by providing innovative design solutions through all stages of the project lifecycle based on client and site-specific requirements. Proactively seek opportunities through design innovation and actively seek to manage risk through the design process in relation to CDM.
Effectively support and collaborate with the wider project team in the management of contracts with MDJV, consultants and the supply chain including commercial, planning and
project controls (reporting).
Ensure timely delivery of technical solutions in response to the needs of the project schedule and the company’s programme of work.
• Take ownership and accountability for the technical appropriateness of the project
solutions delivered throughout the project life cycle.
• Ensure design work is correct and complies with the customer and statutory
standards, regulations, and specifications.
• Manage the agreed contract with external design consultants ensuring that duties are
discharged under the contract and if not, that appropriate action is taken.
• Manage the development and delivery of appropriate, robust, reliable, operable, and
maintainable asset designs that meet the project objectives.
• Management of multi-discipline teams of Engineers from within the business,
consultants, and partner companies in the production of project solutions to the
required level of design.
• Production and management of project engineering budgets and schedules for
review by the head of engineering before submission to the Project Manager.
• Implement change control processes to track and manage the development of the
Engineering element of a project to ensure all budgetary, programme and scope
changes are correctly managed.
Ensure that all engineering outputs provided are following Health and Safety
Legislation, documented Business Processes, Client and Stakeholder processes,
Quality Management Systems & best practices e.g., checked and verified:
calculations, drawings, specifications, and compliance with appropriate standards.
• Evaluate designs and solutions.
• Support supply chain selection for specialists’ input on the design.
• Collaboration with other technical, operational, maintenance, and strategic
stakeholders, and design coordinators.
• Liaison with Engineering Managers, Project Managers and consultants concerning
project issues, scope changes, risks etc.
• Temporary Works: Understanding of what encompasses Temporary Works and the
supporting engineering, understanding of the types of temporary works designs
available and what responsibilities the associated roles
(designer/coordinator/contractor) have and engagement of internal and external
temporary works designers.
Audit and Governance:
• Ensure the Code of Conduct is thoroughly understood, adhered to, and
promoted across the business to ensure safe, compliant, and consistent working
• To operate in an open- and even-handed manner with all personnel across the
• Treat all who we interact with, with courtesy and respect, treating everyone equally
and embracing differences.
• Encourage everyone to achieve maximum potential.
• To proactively contribute to teamwork and cross-functional working.
• To listen to each other and share knowledge enables us to willingly combine
expertise across the business and with our clients and supply chain.
• Behaving with integrity and always demonstrating a professional image.
• To take personal responsibility & accountability for actions, constantly striving to
improve and exceed expectations ensuring safety and quality are never
The successful candidate is likely to meet all the following criteria:
• Minimum 10 years of design and management experience
• Foul water drainage system
• Portable Water Mains
• Building Information Modeling (BIM) and common data environments
• Degree/HNC qualified, or equivalent, in civil engineering
• Member of a recognized engineering institution, Incorporated Engineer, or Chartered
Engineer and or working towards membership
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with clients, key
stakeholders and staff
• Self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook
• People management, time management, project design management