Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 per annum plus package
Start Date: ASAP
A main contractor is seeking a talented Design Manager to join their team on a full time basis. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of the full project life cycle from inception through to project handover and customer care. They require an expert within Industrial, Commercial and Refurbishment (Heritage) sectors to assist with significant pipeline of work across the Northwest region. Previous experience with a Tier 1 main contractor is desirable.
• Take lead on key design team meetings and implement cost effective design solutions throughout the full project lifecycle.
• Manage relationships across the project team including client, consultants, and subcontractors and have a thorough understanding of the process and risks/opportunities related to managing the design regarding Employer’s Requirements, Contractors’ Proposals.
• Ongoing review of design, subcontractor enquiries & documentation to ensure compliance and identify potential interface issues.
• Be influential in supporting the business achieve their Net Zero & sustainability commitments.
• Manage CDM Regulations, Regulatory Approvals and Planning Conditions.
What we require from you?
• Degree qualification and professional qualification in Construction e.g., MCIOB, CEng.
• Understanding and coordination of design/systems and their integration within the construction process
• A thorough understanding of Building Regulations, current BREEAM & Sustainability requirements, and Industry Best Practice Guidance.
• Highly organised with an in-depth commercial acumen and contractual awareness
• Ability to plan, report, organise and project manage, especially in relation to programme output.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability and willingness to face challenges and solve problems independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent working knowledge of construction techniques, sequences, methodologies, and processes to aid project deliverability.
To get started contact Stephen Pindar on 0161 707 1516 (Specialist Construction Recruitment consultant).
Or email an updated CV to email@example.com
- Sector: Construction
- Contact: Stephen Pindar
- Contact Email: Stephen.Pindar@anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 0161 503 1956
- Expiry Date: 02 October 2023
- Job Ref: 403568SOP