My client is looking to appoint a Design Manager for one of their flagship sites in Longbridge. My clients are a HBF 5 star house builder who have grown their reputation over the years of building quality family homes.
The successful candidate will provide accurate technical and drawn information to on-site construction team on live developments, making sure they have the right information when they need it
- Manages the flow of information including drawings, design plans and technical approvals, on live projects so that the site team and others have all the documentation they need for the build, when they need it
- Provides and leads on solutions to design issues ensuring compliance with Building Regulations, technical requirements and in accordance with the change control process.
- Advises the Construction team on quality control, advising on technical issues, common defects and areas requiring particular attention.
- Manages section agreements to the point of technical approval and legal agreement, then advises the construction and commercial teams on requirements to ensure timely adoptions.
- Ensures the proper legal setup of projects so that the necessary legal easements and permissions are in place, conveyancing plans are coordinated, ongoing management structures are in place, sample transfers are agreed, and purchasers have accurate information
- Adheres to the change control process to ensure compliance with company standards and other regulation factors.
- Proposes and leads on the implementation of innovative solutions to improve efficiency, quality, safety and customer satisfaction
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with key Homes and SL&R stakeholders, as well as Statutory bodies, utility companies and warranty providers.
- Manages multi-disciplined external project teams and works collaboratively with internal project team members, regional development teams, internal and external project team members and Homes staff across all disciplines
- As part of the effective delivery of our Performance Development framework, provide coaching and regular feedback to maximise performance delivery and development, encouraging collaboration and empowerment.
- Maintains knowledge and adheres to relevant Group Policies and Procedures, Legislation and Regulations
- Develops and ensures safe and responsible working practices.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Relevant degree or similar level technical qualification e.g. Architectural Technologist
- Significant experience in Technical Construction
- Excellent Planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Excellent negotiator
- Excellent technical and good management skills
- Full UK driving licence
Package and Benefits
- Excellent basic salary
- Company car / car allowance
This is a superb opportunity to join a market leading developer with an excellent reputation in the market place. For more information call the number provided or send an up to date CV to email@example.com