Job Title: Design Lead
Location: Steppes (Glasgow)
Sector: Building & Construction, Design
Job Type: Permanent Role
Salary: Circa £45,000 to £65,000 Per Annum + Package
**Salary negotiable on relevant experience and level**
What will you be doing as our new Lead Design Engineer/Assistant Design Manager?
The client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Lead Design Engineer.
To co-ordinate the design team to deliver the required outputs for a portfolio of projects under the guidance of a design manager. To act as the first point of contact for technical design matters on those projects.
Provide commitment to excellence in Health & Safety (H&S) in design, complying fully with the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations (CDM) and all other relevant H&S legislation.
Have strong technical skills and be able to lead multidisciplinary teams to successfully deliver the allocated projects.
Have a good working knowledge of the design processes in all the main technical disciplines.
Provide clear and visible leadership to your project design team(s) and create a positive environment and drive an excellence culture in your team(s).
Deliver detailed design to meet the construction needs and client acceptance.
Ensure that all design work is delivered to the correct standards and specifications, liaising with the technical leads on technical matters.
To communicate effectively with the client through technical presentations, technical queries, and reports.
Attend and contribute to all relevant programme, project, and technical meetings.
To provide where required, technical support during Assembly and Commissioning stages.
Represent the whole of the client's business in all client contacts and promote the client's reputation.
Maintain a positive and solution-oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role.
In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the client as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive, and beneficial relationships.
Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality.
- A competitive salary
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance
- And many more benefits including – cycle to work scheme, discounts and savings Hub, kids pass etc.
About You Skills/Experience
- Working in multi-disciplinary design teams, in a design-build environment.
- Degree in an engineering-related discipline.
- Delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate teams.
- Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety.
- Technical management and Leadership skills.
- Good general knowledge of all technical aspects related to the project.
- Understanding of sustainability in design.
- Able to present technical proposals clearly, confidently, and convincingly.
- Experience of working for a global organization.
- Chartered Engineer in an engineering-related discipline.
- Experience of working with remote/dispersed teams.
- Experience in the relevant industry.
- Ability to embrace collaborative and innovative working.
- Knowledge of BIM procedures and techniques.
- Operating as Senior Engineer in a technical discipline.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Scott Robbins on LinkedIn or via Scott.Robbins@anderselite.com