Job Title: Civil Design Engineer (Water)
Sectors: Water, Construction, Civil Engineering
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 +Package (Negotiable on relevant experience)
Purpose of the role
To assist with reviewing the mandate and preparing a scope, methodology, programme, and resource estimate for implementing the design stage of the project and design support during construction.
To Provide designs which are innovative and deliver value for money whilst acting as a proactive problem- solver by applying engineering principles.
Design Excellence of time
• Development of designs and the co-ordination of the multidisciplinary teams.
• Delivering clean water and waste water infrastructure projects within a framework contract.
• Ability to apply relevant British Standards and Eurocode in the design of reinforced concrete structures not limited to slabs on ground, beams, liquid retaining structures buried pipework and other ancillaries.
• Ability to apply fundamental design principles of pipelines (pressure and gravity flow), flow in open channels and closed conduits etc.
• Ability to read drawings, model review and produce clear and concise design sketches to be incorporated into a Model.
• Providing input to proposals, work scope, work schedule and budgets.
• Design development from feasibility studies, optioneering and detailed designs.
• Computer aided design and proving input into modelling.
• Ability to understand and implement the hierarchy in risk management in design and be able to highlight Design Risk Assessments.
Excellence in Health & Safety of time
• Ensure all designs comply with DSEAR (Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres).
• Ability to prepare a Pre-Construction Information file (PCI) as required in procurement of Ground Investigation Works and Assembly of permanent works on Site.
• Assist in the collation of information from the Tier 2 Contractors and Principal Contractor in the preparation of a Health and Safety File.
• Provide input to the Designers Quality Assurance File and ensure it is reviewed and updated accordingly.
• Assist in responding to Technical Queries during assembly of permanent works on Site and have an awareness of cost, Health & Safety and structural integrity of any design change request raised by the Contractor.
Project Management/ Site Surveys of time
• Progress projects from feasibility stage through detailed design to construction.
• Liaise and maintain good working relationships with client, operational staff and third parties.
• Attend and document site surveys to review opportunities, risks and mitigation plans.
• Prepare site investigation requirements and review the results.
• Prepare topographic survey briefs and be able to understand the applicability of specific tools and techniques such as Laser scanning, drone survey and check output deliverables.
• Ensure that the technical content of all work is carried out in accordance with the agreed timescales and budgets.
• Ensure that project design output and procurement documentation is prepared in accordance with appropriate professional standards and in accordance with the design Quality Plan and Procurement.
• Ensure the correct implementation of technical standards set by the AWS design guides.
• Ensure that all work is carried out in full compliance with the Risk & Value process and the Alliance Quality systems.
• Monitor progress of design against time and cost and advise the Technical Manager and Recognise issues that deviate from the specifications of the mandate and bring them to the attention of all those who need to know.
• Reduce group regulatory and capital costs while appreciating compliance with financial management procedures.
• Deliver projects on Time, Cost and Quality while managing numerous sub-consultants.
• BEng or MEng/MSc Degree in Civil or Structural engineering.
• Good knowledge and experience of undertaking structural calculations for various concrete structures not limited to slabs, beams, liquid retaining structures, etc using the British Standard Codes, Eurocodes, and other acceptable standards not limited to Ciria Guidance, BRE, etc.
• Demonstrable experience in undertaking design of various civil engineering structures within the Water and Waste Water Industry and exhibit high competency in the use of MS office suite and relevant engineering software packages not limited to TEDDS by Tecla, Staad Pro, AutoCAD, Robot, CIVIL3D, Revit, etc.
• Working towards attaining chartered engineering status with a relevant institution such as the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE) or Institution of Structural Engineers (MIStructE).
• Experience in undertaking design of different structures using the British Standards and or Eurocode.
• Experience in producing technical sketches in communicating with different disciplines to explore ideas and pass design decisions diligently.
• Good written and verbal communication skills with an enthusiasm for learning.
• Strong communication, collaboration, and stakeholder management skills.
• Good report writing skills and ability to undertake analysis and results interpretation.
• Collaborative working with a variety of people and teams to achieve business success.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me on 07956 918 841.
Design Engineer Water
- Location: Peterborough
- Salary: (Negotiable on relevant experience)
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted 3 months ago
- Sector: Water, Construction, Civil Engineering
- Contact: Scott Robbins
- Contact Email: Scott.Robbins@anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 0161 786 7018
- Expiry Date: 15 June 2023
- Job Ref: 401338SRO
Job Title: Civil Design Engineer (Water)