£55,000 - £60,000
My client, a reputable contractor, is seeking to expand their delivery team by bringing on an Contracts to join them in their regional offices in London.
The client are a specialist asset maintenance contractor, for the inspection, repair and refurbishment of buildings and structures across a wide range of sectors, in particular infrastructure.
You will come in and provide competitive and profitable building and civil engineering tenders and quotations, successfully contributing to increasing the company's workload and turnover.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Managing multiple contracts to achieve financial, safety, quality and environmental targets
- Pre- contract planning and liaison with estimators
- Providing quality input to regional management and planning meetings
- Compiling contract plans, safety plans, method statements, risk assessments and other instructions to contract teams
- Delegating duties to engineering and contract staff
- Accepting, approving and issuing orders and instructions
- Maintaining a working knowledge of current contract forms, acts and legislation
- Accepting, approving and issuing contracts and sub contracts
- Ensure company Health and Safety and other IMS procedures are complied with
- Planning, programming and resourcing contracts
- Ensuring CRM database is regularly updated with contractual information
- Liaising, negotiating and meeting with clients, consulting engineers, surveyors and subcontractors and others
- Assisting with the preparation of quality bids, PQQs and other presentations as required.
- Providing technical, contractual and legal advice
- Upkeep and maintenance of contract files and other records
- Completion, submission and archiving of contract records
- Procuring, ordering and approving materials, plant and subcontract purchases
- Providing accurate information for regional monthly contract appraisals and other reports as required
- Budgeting, monitoring and control of contract finances
- Identifying, evaluating and managing claims and variations
- Compiling applications for payment and agreeing final accounts
- Maintaining a working knowledge of employment legislation
- Carrying out and monitoring of staff performance and training reviews
- Instigating suitable training and development for both staff and operatives
- Motivating, coaching and providing guidance to staff
- Interviewing, selection, recruitment, discipline and dismissal of staff
- Communicating clearly and close liaison with regional management team
- Contributing to the formulation of company policies and procedures
- Identifying tender and other financial opportunities
- Maintaining photographic library, publicity material, contract press releases, etc.
- Improving and promoting company profile and activities
- Implementation of company policies and procedures
- Ensuring professionalism and quality is maintained throughout all activities
It is envisaged that the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Civils infrastructure experience (Required)
- Reinforced Concrete experience (Ideally)
- Proven longevity at a contractor
- Several years experience
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.