My client has a fantastic opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join their team covering sites in Peterborough, Cambridge and Stamford. My client is a top UK national housebuilder with a 5 star rating.
As a Contracts Manager you will be responsible for 3 – 4 lives sites at any one time with Site Managers reporting into you. The sites will comprise of contracting and open market sale developments, built for an extensive client base in the area. Traditional build and timber frame construction methods will be used on 2 and 3 storey housing and apartments.
The position would suit an established Contracts Manager, that can demonstrate the ability to deliver fast paced development and contracting housing schemes, however a Senior Site Manager or Project Manager with proven ability within a large mixed tenure housing business, that is looking for career progression would certainly be considered.
- Develop, support and encourage Health & Safety best practice whilst ensuring compliance to Group H&S Policy & regulations.
- The role will include taking full responsibility for ensuring all production functions on contracts from award through to issue of maintenance certificate are completed.
- You will be required to report physical and financial progress, on a monthly basis, to our board of Directors.
- Attend client/key site progress meetings and produce monthly client report.
- Ensure that all additional work is identified, fully costed and agreed with the client to ensure that positive and ongoing customer relationships are maintained.
- Plan, co-ordinate, maintain and develop Management staff and operative levels to effectively undertake current and prospective workloads.
- Provide production input to enhance tender opportunities and develop effective lines of communication with the pre-commencement department to ensure continuing feedback on market intelligence, technical developments, build-ability issues and specific market opportunities.
- Visit sites on a regular basis, carrying out comprehensive site audits to ensure high standards of management controls are maintained.
- Clearly maintain and enforce HS&E standards as required and in accordance with the Company’s HS&S
- Policies to ensure the safety & welfare of the general public, staff and supply chain.
- Control information/drawing registers in conjunction with the Technical Department, ensuring site and all sub-contractors are issued with relevant information in a timely manner.
- Review SSER reports, quality management i.e. NHBC RIs, and programme implications for all sites.
- Convene and chair team meetings and ensure an appropriate record of action points are recorded, distributed and monitored to conclusion.
- Ensure projects are compliant with relevant building regulations, planning conditions & warranty provider standards.
- Ensure the whole project team from Pre-con, Design, Procurement, Commercial & Production are fulfilling their duties to ensure projects achieve Programme, Quality, Safety & Commercial goals.
- Promote the strategic requirement for being a 5* NHBC builder
Experience and qualifications
- Degree/NHC/HND in Construction
- Experience managing housing contracts in mixed tenure and social housing formats.
- Good knowledge of traditional and timber frame constructions methods
- Excellent management and communication skills with the ability to proactively manage production teams on several live construction sites at any one time, including direct labour and sub-contractor resource and the ability to deliver quality construction projects within budget and programme timescales in a safe environment
Salary and Package
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Support with a professional membership
This is a superb opportunity to join an established but growing business working with opportunity for career progression. For more information on this role please contact Paul Wilkinson on the number supplied or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org