Contractor Interface Section Manager - HS2 - Staffordshire base - 12 month contract, £30-£380 per day - inside IR33 (PAYE)
Lead a small team of personnel to manage interfaces with HS2 Contractors (Land Access Clashes) in either the North or South of the HS2 Phase 2a route.
Report into the route wide clash manager - work closely with the GIS team and all work package subcontractors, utility companies and their contractors.
Where the system identifies a clash, i.e. two parties request the same, or overlapping land space with overlapping dates, the interface manager will be required to bring the two parties together (by way of an online teams meeting) and to mediate between the two parties with a view to resolving the clash, this may be by agreeing to change the dates or land shapes to avoid the clash, or by agreeing to share land areas with one party taking overall responsibility under CDM.
Key tasks and accountabilities
• The role will require managing and supporting the team to coordinate with all project contractors (e.g., enabling works, utility contractors, main works etc and to lead dialogue where a clash is identified with a view to try and resolve a clash prior to escalation to HS2.
GIS team / HS2 Project Delivery teams / Utility Operators project teams / HS2 Project Management / Agricultural Liaison officers
Key Skills and Qualifications/Accreditations.
• Excellent people skills.
• Team Leader.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to build strong relations internally and externally.
• Can work independently and are proactive.
• GIS and Data Management experience is preferred
• Good IT skills, i.e. MS word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Teams etc.
• The ability to work in a high volume, fluid work environment.
• Public relations experience is preferred.
• Ability to work under pressure and to be able to deal calmly with conflict
• Good understanding of CDM Regulations and the role of a Principal Contractor
• SMSTS accreditation an advantage but not essential
Diversity, inclusion and wellbeing
• Promote the wellbeing of your team and ensure that an inclusive workplace where diversity of thought, backgrounds and experience is actively encouraged and achieved.
This profile is not exhaustive. From time to time, you may be required by the company to perform other tasks, which are not included in the above description, but are within your capabilities and, where necessary, training and full support will be given.