Job Title: Project Manager / Senior Project Manager
Location: West Midlands & Surrounding Area
Sectors: Rail Depots, Rail Stations, New Build, Extensions, Civil Engineering, Earthworks
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: £60,000 to £80,000 Per Annum + Strong Package (Negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, a large, established and growing principal contractor within the Rail & Civil Engineering sector, is currently looking to add Project Managers and Senior Project Managers to their team, on a permanent basis.
The focus on this role will be around the construction of rail depots and station upgrades, working on both individually tendered and framework led schemes across the West Midlands, and surrounding region.
The role would suit an experienced Project Manager, who has a history of delivering medium to large sizes construction projects (i.e. £5 Million - £50 Million), that are complex in nature, inclusive of Civil Engineering and Building works.
In this role, you will be accountable/responsible for related projects, including elements such as tender input, project delivery, programme management, health and safety on site, quality of the project, environmental impact, client interaction, customer satisfaction and the management of subcontractors/supply chain, as well as general responsibility of Cost/Financials, with the support of the commercial team.
In return, our client offers an exceptional salary + package, coupled with a productive working environment & effective working processes, allowing you to achieve the desired results in the most efficient and stress-free manner.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Manage and maintain overall programmes.
- Oversee HSEQ of projects, setting minimum standards to follow.
- Continually work with the end client and all related stakeholders, ensuring client satisfaction.
- Be responsible for programme management and project delivery, producing programme and procurement schedules.
- Manage the site team, including internal and external workforce.
- Control and monitor project costs, minimising risk and maximising profit where possible.
- Developing staff on site, ensuring sufficient training and development plans are in place.
- Work with the supply chain to ensure the best outcome for all parties.
- Use innovative construction, design and engineering techniques.
- Secure repeat business whilst managing all areas of project success.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction (i.e. Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent).
- Previous experience working in a similar role, as a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager, on relevant Rail Construction schemes etc. (I.e. Rail Depots / Rail Stations - Values £10M and above are ideal).
- Experience of planning and programming work, including cost planning.
- Strong knowledge of legislation and regulations used within the Civil Engineering & Infrastructure sectors.
- Strong IT skills and management ability, including clear communication skills.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.