DLR CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Job Role - Construction Manager
Project - DLR Extension Scheme
Location - East London
* Ensuring effective planning, directing and coordination of the work.
* Ensuring the works are constructed in a safe manner and meet the specified requirements in terms of cost, quality, and timescale.
* Assist the team in final scoping and procurement of the sub-contract packages.
* Provide input into the final selection of subcontractors.
* The work with the Planning and Programming team to ensure that the various elements of the works are completed on schedule.
* To liaise with multiple stakeholders
* Be responsible for the regular planning and production meetings with sub-contractors to monitor progress, planning, labour levels, Early Warnings and ensure that adequate records are maintained.
* To develop an appreciation of project issues (design, consents 3rd party approvals) avoid delays to the construction of the works.
* Work with the Commercial Team to assist with administering the sub-contract and providing input for valuation purposes.
* Run Progress Meeting with sub-contractors, as necessary.
* Experience in a similar role in a DLR/Rail environment.
* Have excellent communication (written and verbal), management and organisational skills and the ability to plan and manage the work time frames.
* A good working knowledge of the Health and Safety regulations and other relevant legislation.
* Have a working understanding of NEC form of contract.
Qualifications, Certifications & Experience
* Degree level or higher, or equivalent, in a numerate discipline, typically an Engineering discipline. A lower educational level, typically HNC or HND may be acceptable where a very significant level of experience in a senior technical engineering role can be demonstrated.
* Membership of an appropriate Professional body, typically Chartered member or Fellow of Institute of Civil Engineering or hold an equivalent professional status.
* 5 years' experience as Project or Construction Manager for significant civil engineering construction project.
* Have an excellent track record of project delivery: safely, to timescale, quality and cost.
* Have demonstrable experience of leadership, building and motivating teams.
* Demonstrate excellent presentation, negotiation skills organisational skills, ability to plan and manage own time.
* SMSTS qualification.
* CSCS Card
How to apply:
Please reply to this email with your CV or reach out to Matt Purkis at Anderselite via Linked In. We're getting a lot of applicants so your effort will be appreciated.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.