My clients are looking to appoint a Construction Director on a permanent basis. My clients are a 5-star housebuilder with an excellent reputation in the marketplace.
The purpose of the role is to oversee the regional build programme, ensuring all aspects of construction projects are in conformity with the budgets, timelines and construction and quality standards.
Principal accountabilities of the role include:
- Oversee construction projects ensuring they are completed on time and to specification, while complying with company and construction build and quality standards.
- Report on and monitor the logistics and resources associated with developments, working to regulatory and quality standards and implementing cost saving solutions, to ensure compliance and budgetary targets are met.
- Contribute towards contract negotiations with third party suppliers and contractors to ensure achievement of the build programme and associated targets.
- Provide accurate and timely management information on a regular basis to enable the formulation of the appropriate strategy and aid decision making in line with the objectives of the Operating Company.
- Manage the team effectively, including setting clear objectives, conducting professional development reviews, coaching and training to ensure employees achieve both their full potential and company targets.
- Advocate the Group Health, Safety and Environment Policy while ensuring compliance throughout the team to ensure health and safety standards are met.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive experience within the housebuilding construction industry
- Understanding of the NHBC or /LABC/Premier standards
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A good understanding of Microsoft Package, including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Current CSCS Card (Construction Skills Certification Scheme)
- SMST (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) is preferred
- Full UK Driving Licence is required
- Qualified to minimum NVQ Level 7 in Construction Site Supervision is preferred.
Salary and benefits package
- Basic Salary
- Company Car/Car Allowance
- Life Assurance
- Health Care
This a superb opportunity to join a growing region in the clients business. For more information on this role please contact Paul Wilkinson on the number supplied or via email on email@example.com