Job Title: Construction Administrator (Contracts / Accounts)
Sector: Construction, Civil Engineering (Water, Utilities, Highways, Rail)
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q4 2021
Salary: Negotiable (Circa £19,000 to £23,000 Per Annum + Package)
** Base salary negotiable on relevant experience
Our client, a specialist Civil Engineering subcontractor within the Construction sector, is currently looking for a Contracts Administrator to join their team, to support their internal Contracts and Accounts functions. In this role, you will populate, collate, check and log relevant data, collected from construction site projects, to ensure that all internal systems are kept up to date, assisting with internal operation and commercial departments with administrative tasks.
The role will suit proactive candidates, who are used to working in a busy Construction / Civil Engineering / Infrastructure environment, who possess good organisation, communication and IT skills. Using internal cloud-based technology (EasyBOP), you will help to ensure smooth daily operations, maintaining and updating systems. Ideally, candidates will have prior experience of liaising with contracts and commercial/accounts professionals.
Reporting into the Senior Contracts Coordinator, daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Tracking, reviewing and updating project information on cloud-based software.
- Maintaining accurate filing systems for all contract / projects paperwork.
- Keeping contractual documents up to date, making site teams aware of any action required.
- Tracking payments and other related expenses, updating weekly turnover spreadsheets, logging costs & charges.
- Liaising with the Contracts, Operations and Accounts teams, to raise any daily queries, ensuring payroll data is correct, as well as ensuring rates of pay are in-line with contract terms and conditions.
- Ensuring purchase orders are raised and distributed in a timely manner, to ensure cost control.
- Completing weekly turnover reports, tracking weekly profit margin.
- Producing applications for payment, updating contractor payment systems for approval.
- Preparing jobs for invoicing and preparing a monthly summary sheet, as required.
- Further general duties such as sending post, booking travel and overnight accommodation, taking phone message, monitoring stationary levels etc.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.