Job Title: Commercial Manager (HS2)
Location: Flexible (Between Coventry and Milton Keynes)
Sector: Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Earthworks, Highways, Bridges, Rail, HS2
Type: Permanent role
Start: January/February 2021
Salary: Circa £70,000 to £80,000 Per Annum + Package
** (Base salary can be negotiated on level/relevant experience)
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor, who operate within the Infrastructure sector, has an excellent opportunity available for a Commercial Manager to join their HS2 team, managing the delivery of key HS2 projects, over the coming 4 to 5 years.
This role will entail delivering high value HS2 projects, where works will include but are not limited to; earthworks, muckshift, remediation, groundworks, structures, drainage, highways and tunnels and other related HS2 infrastructure works.
This role would suit an experienced Commercial Manager, or a Managing Quantity Surveyor (MQS) who is interested in taking a step up to Commercial Manager level, who can demonstrate a history of commercially delivering large major projects. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver complex projects within the Heavy Civil Engineering and Infrastructure sectors, valued in the region of £20 Million to £100+ Million (including projects such as, highways, rail and infrastructure developments etc.)
In this role you will be responsible for the commercial / financial management of high-profile HS2 projects, from inception through to completion, inclusive of procurement, contract negotiation, agreement of contracts, as well as commercially delivering major projects. Furthermore, you will be required to help manage the risk element of projects, highlighting early warnings to the HS2 Directors, processing claims and managing compensation events, as well as negotiating costs with clients and subcontractors, completing financial reports and providing progress updates on projects, whilst managing the supply chain.
In return, our client offers an exceptional salary + package, inclusive of car/car allowance and bonus, coupled with a productive working environment & effective working processes, allowing you to achieve the desired results in the most efficient and stress-free manner.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Commercially/Financially managing high-profile and high-value HS2 projects, from inception through to completion.
- Worked on projects through procurement, contract negotiation and delivery stages.
- Managing the risk element of projects, highlighting early warnings, processing claims and managing compensation events.
- Pricing schemes and negotiating costs with clients and subcontractors, completing financial reports and providing progress updates on projects, whilst managing the supply chain.
- Preparing monthly CVR's and associated commercial reports.
- Management and reporting of Commercial Risk and Opportunity to HS2 directors.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant industry qualification, such as a Degree, ONC, HNC or NVQ Equivalent.
- Chartered status such as RICS, ICE or CIOB.
- Previous experience working in a similar role, as a Commercial Manager (or Managing Quantity Surveyor), on relevant Infrastructure projects such as Highways/Rail schemes etc. (With project values circa £20 Million to £100+ Million ideally).
- A strong knowledge of heavy Civil Engineering, incorporating aspects such as earthworks, muckshift, remediation, groundworks, structures, drainage, highways and tunnels and other related infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of NEC forms of contract.
- Working knowledge of contract law.
- Strong team management skills.
- Effective I.T, communication and reporting skills.
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online or send your CV to , or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.