Are you an ambitious and experienced Chartered Structural Engineer?
Would you like to work for one of the UK’s leading building consultancies?
Our client is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer with demonstrable technical and ideally commercial experience, to be based out of either their Leeds, Stockton, or Newcastle offices. This new appointment is part of their aspiration to develop and grow our structural capability in the Northeast/Yorkshire region.
You will be a Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer with a proven track record of successful delivery of design projects from concept to completion. Credibility, competence, and technical excellence are a given as the role requires close working with internal and external clients, decision makers, industry stakeholders and other consultants to develop a robust design, low carbon solutions through collaborative and proactive management of client demands.
Our client's offices provide multidisciplinary design and engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of sectors on local, national, and international projects. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery they are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects, but they also support local clients and projects.
These include Education, Commercial, Airports, Defence, Energy, Civil Infrastructure, and Residential and Rail sectors. This role offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience, and problem-solving skills to develop our business.
- Degree-qualified Civil/Structural Engineer.
- Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer (near chartered will be considered).
- Extensive post-graduate experience in structural engineering building projects.
- Detailed working knowledge of design codes and standards relating to structural engineering such as Eurocodes.
- Proven track record in design delivery with specific experience in; steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and timber designs from concept to detailed delivery, foundation design and structural analysis, and construction delivery.
- Detailed working knowledge and experience of 2D & 3D analytical packages such as, but not limited to, Robot, Tekla and Tedds.
- Knowledge of construction implementation with proven site experience and an understanding of buildability.
- Knowledge of NEC3 and NEC4 Contracts and the roles defined therein is desirable.
- Proven track record in delivering technically excellent design projects on time, to budget and the required levels of quality.
- Sound commercial understanding of the consultancy business.
- Good communicator (written, verbal & presentations).
- A natural curiosity for developing innovative and cost-effective solutions for our clients.
- Ability to develop, motivate and mentor our growing team.
- Proven record of developing client relationships and winning new consultancy work.
- Ability to achieve SC security clearance.
- Driving Licence (desirable).
- Understanding of low embodied carbon structural solutions and how to calculate embodied carbon of building structures.
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with key and prospective clients.
- Technical and commercial responsibility for structural engineering design delivery.
- Review calculations, drawings, and design documentation.
- Management and technical development of our capabilities and our organisation’s individual.
- Engineers and Technicians to attain industry recognised Professional qualifications.
- Client and stakeholder interfacing.
- Undertaking embodied carbon calculations for building structures and advising our clients on low embodied carbon structural solutions.
What can we offer?
Our client recognises that many well-qualified people are looking to further their careers, but who cannot commit to full-time employment.
They support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, they understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default, our client offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell off that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please contact Reuben on 0113 242 0303 or email@example.com