We are currently seeking a Buyer to work for our client, a construction company based from their Leeds office.
Our client works on a variety of civil engineering and construction related projects and is seeking an individual to procure materials, consumables, plant and equipment.
Your responsibilities will include :
- Economic and timely procurement of materials, consumables, plant and equipment for permanent and temporary
- Works in accordance with site requirements as detailed on the contract drawings, method statements, client specification, contract programme and Network Rail possession timetables
- Economic and efficient procurement of maintenance, certification and calibration services as appropriate for company vehicles, surveying instruments, measurement and cable detection devices etc.
- Source and price supply chain services for the preparation of competitive tenders
- Monitor the manufacture and delivery of materials in order to comply with the site programme requirements
- 'Troubleshoot' price and quality issues with suppliers and deal with replacement of damaged or non-conforming deliveries
- Provide COSHH information and arrange appropriate technical support and practical advice to Site Management teams for the competent utilisation and incorporation of the supply chain items within the contract works
- Liaise with the Construction Director and Commercial Director at all stages of the pre-contract and contract works. Provide input to contract cost reports. Analyse and evaluate materials usage performance and prepare feedback reports as directed
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required
Candidates will require a proven background in procurement within the construction industry, CIPS qualified, rail experience would be an advantage.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.