My client is in the market for a Buyer to join their procurement team in Telford. The business is a Civil Engineering unit that is part of a large contractor. They specialise in Bridges and Reinforced Concrete based products and are specifically linked to project types in HS2 and the Highways Agency.
The business is going from strength to strength at present and have many frameworks involving HS2 and Highways in the pipeline as well as many other avenues.
What’s in the Job?
• Develop and evaluate suppliers to be used in the company supply chain
• Build effective relationships with clients, suppliers and all stakeholders
• Maintain an approved supplier database for the goods and services to be purchased by the company
• Place enquiries for products and services to be purchased by the company in accordance with the required specification and contract requirements
• Produce cost analysis for products and services to identify cost saving benefits
• Negotiate prices and terms for the benefit of the company ensuring that all items meet the relevant specification and contract requirements
• Research new and existing products /and services, ensuring compliance with the relevant specification and requisite accreditations
• Raise and place formal orders through the company’s financial package for products and services, including company stock
• Progress placed orders to minimise disruption and ensure timely delivery
• Maintain hire records for externally hired in plant distributing to contract managers
• Maintain company stock levels for Post Tensioning and bearing components
• Process bearing works orders identify stock and purchase requirements
What’s in it for me?
It is expected that we see a Procurement qualification on CV’s. In exchange for these skills and experience they will provide a solid salary and package for the level, great progression, a very busy work environment and a smart philosophy of leaving your work at work.
If you want to be part of this growth and are seeking a new career adventure, then submit your CV today without haste to be involved.