Job Title: Business Development Manager (Construction)
Location: Birmingham / Warwickshire
Start Date: Q3 2021
Sectors: Construction, Civil Engineering, Business Development, Sales
Type: Permanent role
Salary: £70,000 to £80,000 Per Annum + Package (Negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, a growing Tier 1 Construction and Civil Engineering Contractor, has an excellent opportunity available for a Business Development Manager to join their expanding team, helping to continually develop business across the Midlands region, increasing market share, particularly in the industrial / warehouse construction sector.
In this role you will proactively develop business with both new and existing clients, ideally reconnecting with previous industry contacts, to further develop and help win business. Our client is a growing construction contractor, who are continually constructing large new industrial developments for both construction and infrastructure clients, which only looks set to grow over the coming years.
The role will suit an enthusiastic individual, who enjoys engaging with new contacts, to develop new business and ultimately work in a busy sales-bias environment.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and developing a list of target clients, canvassing both new, existing and previous clients, hopefully being able to pick up relationships with previous contacts you have worked with.
- Arranging/Attending meetings with key industry clients, selling internal capability.
- Selling new build construction services to clients, inclusive of services from inception through to completion (our client self-deliver a number of works on site, which is a big selling point).
- Working closely with the bid and estimating team, to ensure proposals match requirements.
- Working closely with the wide construction build team, to understand internal progress, capability & capacity.
- Completing regular aftercare with clients.
- Following up with new clients, to ensure you are their first point of contact.
- Building working relationships at all levels internally, integrating yourself as a key member of the team.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have previously worked in a Business Development Manager role, within the construction sector.
- Have knowledge of key industry contacts (contacts within the industrial build sector would be advantageous but are not essential).
- A relevant qualification, such as a degree or an MBA (Ideal, not essential. Our client may consider candidates who have a qualification in construction, and have worked their way up to Business Development Manager level.)
- Have strong relationship building, communication and presentation skills.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.