We have an excellent opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join a very well establish MURS accredited Connection Provider on a permanent basis.
The purpose of this role is to work with the Managing Director, the Commercial Director other members of the Senior Management Team to generate a sustainable pipeline of residential connections in the North West, Yorkshire and the North Midlands.
This will be achieved by working through continuous market research, analysing data, following through with client engagement, key account management, engagement with key stakeholders and potential partner organisations with subsequent action plans to convert opportunities into tenders for the Design & proposals team.
Business Development Planning
* Project manage the rolling out of a new interactive company website.
* Develop and lead client business and marketing plans with a typical horizon of 1 to 5 years.
* Adjudicate the inclusion of new opportunities in the tender bid pipeline.
* Analyse the customer base across the business to establish a common approach for client retention and growth.
* Enhance regional and operational staff business development capabilities and work with them to achieve their winning work targets.
* Develop and manage an up to date understanding of the sector/environment over the agreed plan period.
* Consider any economic implications for existing and new clients.
* Undertake key research to understand the Business and project drivers of sectors, customers and potential opportunities.
* Build on existing client relationships.
* Follow up on every client quote submitted to improve conversion rate.
* Look at some quick easy wins in the earlier years to boost turnover.
* Acts as Key Account Manager for repeat business valued clients.
* Be able to take the lead on client relationships but equally introduce to the regional operating teams.
* Keep in regular contact with clients to make sure a good client relationship is being maintained.
* Ensure effective management of customer satisfaction surveys.
* Prepare and send out all external communications to enhance our company profile and brand awareness.
* Organise and represent the business at Key networking events.
* Facilitate client target dinners to nurture client relationships and translate into real opportunities.
Qualifications and Experience
* Degree qualification preferred but not essential.
* Minimum 5 years in the Multi-Utility Industry.
* Minimum 5 years in a BDM role.
Skills and Knowledge
* Experience in Building commercial relationships to help deliver improved service and innovation to the customer.
* Existing network of Housing/Developer clients in the North West, Yorkshire and North Midlands.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to prioritise and meet deadlines.
* Ability to seek and develop new relationships to achieve strategic business objectives.
* Ability to convert client relationships into real opportunities for the business.
* Create a culture of constructive and effective communication.
* Communicate with authority and conviction in all situations with all levels of staff/client organisations.
* Ability to contribute to the development strategy and take responsibility for delivering strategic objectives
* Recognise changing market forces that may impact upon own or customers business and put plans into action to make positive contributions.
* Be able to cope under pressure.
* Flexibility of approach.
* Commitment to business success.
* Team Player.
* Conscientious, trustworthy, open and reliable.
* Motivated by results.
This is an excellent time to join the business and there will be a well-structured career path, excellent bonuses and benefits on offer for the successful candidate.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.