An opportunity has arisen for a qualified Building Surveyor/Senior Building Surveyor to join our Living Building Consultancy team in the North. The team works on a broad range of instructions with leading housing associations, funds, REITs and residential property companies.
We are looking for a client focused, ‘all-rounder’ Building Surveyor with a strong sense of ‘team spirit’ and an ambition to deliver excellence. You should be business focussed and want to further your career by being a key part of driving and growing the team in the North.
The role will be based in our Manchester or Leeds Office and the successful candidate will join a busy and successful department and be working alongside other internal teams such as Investment, Agency, Managed Services, Valuation, Lease Advisory, Planning and Rating, as part of the companies approach to provide holistic, commercial advice to our clients.
What This Job Involves
- Undertaking Building Surveyor's inspections and preparing reports
- Preparing planned preventative maintenance plan
- Preparing specifications for, and administering, repair and refurbishment contracts
- Preparing and negotiating schedules of dilapidations/preparing exit strategies
- Undertaking Reinstatement Cost Assessments
- Assisting with co-ordination of portfolio instructions
- Undertaking other duties from time to time as may be reasonably required
- Making sustainable business links with both external and internal clients and providing a professional and excellent client service at all times
- Some travel will be required in this role
Sound like you? To apply you need to be / have:
- The ability to work within a team and on own initiative
- Enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong verbal and numerical skills, and be comfortable with report writing
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Flexible and able to work under pressure
- Well-presented and have excellent communication skills
- MRICS (building surveying) with proven experience, preferably in a commercial consultancy
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Valid driving licence
What You Can Expect From Us
As a diverse and inclusive employer, the company strives to contribute to the lasting values for clients, employees, shareholders, communities and our industry. Everything we do today should work towards Building a Better Tomorrow.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences.