I am currently recruiting a Building Maintenance Manager for a Higher Education client in Gloucestershire.
The post of the Building Maintenance Manager (BMM) is to deliver a comprehensive building delivery service for planned, reactive maintenance, statutory compliance and long term maintenance across all our campuses and other external/remote buildings.
The BMM will be seen as the lead Building Maintenance Manager with good all round building construction and maintenance experience for the University and as such will need to be flexible in working arrangements and approach to enable the buildings on all campus to be safe and operational.
The BMM will ensure adequate planning of work in order to meet customer expectations, Service Level Agreements, and Key Performance Indicators in accordance with the Estates Department and University financial and procurement regulations. The BMM will also act as Operational Line Manager to the maintenance team and work closely with other estates maintenance and facilities managers.
Act in the capacity of BMM as a technical building maintenance operative with emphasis on safety and continual operations for the campus installations, advising and assisting the “in house” maintenance team in their day to day operations, and external contractors and consultants when attending to building related issues on campus.
The BMM will be part of an overall technical management team as the lead Building Maintenance Manager comprising others such as Mechanical Maintenance Manager, Electrical Maintenance Manager and Head of Maintenance as well as Maintenance Operatives and tradespersons. The BMM will be expected to work closely with the managers and other estates managers and helpdesk and plan and co-ordinate the building works with the managers, advising and assisting the “in house” maintenance team in their day to day operations and external contractors and consultants when attending to building fabric issues on campus.
The postholder will also act as contracts manager to a series of PPM contracts which are detailed below
In order to be considered for this role you will require:
• A good general level of education-GCSE English and Math Grade C or above (or equivalent)
• Qualified to Degree/HNC level in Building Construction/Surveying
• ONC in Building Construction or equivalent with sufficient experience
• An accredited HSE qualification (IOSH) Managing Safely or equivalent)
A detailed working knowledge of constructional and maintenance regimes covering a broad range of building types covering structure/fabric/fittings
• A detailed working knowledge of JCT contracts and production of such, in particular to Design and Build Contracts
• Knowledge and understanding of Computer Aided Facilities Management Systems in a similar estates environment
• Ability to provide detailed works estimates as and when required
• Ability to prepare detailed specifications and manage minor building projects within available budgets
• Ability to manage and maintain delegated maintenance budgets as and when required
• Ability to compile and review Risk Assessments and Method Statements for building and maintenance activities
• Experience of undertaking condition surveys relevant to large and diverse property portfolio
• Experience in interpreting condition surveys to aid long term maintenance planning
• Proven experience of managing maintenance and refurbishment works for Buildings
• Proven experience in procuring and managing minor projects up to £250k
• Experience of working alongside consultants and design teams in project management work
• Demonstrable knowledge of all relevant Statutory Legislation including that of Health & Safety and CDM within the built estate
• Experience of Operationally managing a team of maintenance operatives and processes on a daily basis
• Experience of managing and motivating a team and aligning the day to day work and goals of the team with the Departments objectives.
• Experience of controlling and monitoring legal and statutory compliance
If you would like to be considered, then please forward a copy of your CV in the first instance.