Job Title: Bid Writer
Sector: Construction, Energy, Engineering, Facilities Management, M&E, Nuclear
Job Type: Permanent role (Full Time)
Start: Q3 2023
Salary: Circa £32,000 to £36,000 Per Annum + Package
** Base salary negotiable on level and based on relevant experience
Our client, a leading Design and Engineering contractor is currently looking for a Bid Writer to join their Building Services team. Whilst you will primarily support the Building Services team, there will also be opportunity to work with other departments on an ad-hoc basis, which includes Construction, Energy, Engineering, Facilities Management, M&E and Nuclear.
The role itself will entail producing and managing bid documentation including PQQs, RFI, ITT, RFQ, sending responses and bid documentation promptly, including writing bespoke content and editing existing bids.
This role will be based from our clients office in Solihull, with home / hybrid working available 2-3 days per week.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Producing bid-winning submissions in line with client-driven timescales
- Selling business capability through engaging copy, information and graphics
- Developing a Bid Library through the constant refinement, improvement and production of content
- Controlling brand integrity and supporting the correct use of bid templates within the business unit
- Allocating, managing, supporting and editing bid input, from other team members
- Reviewing and extracting deliverables from tender documents, allocating responsibilities to bid team members
- Managing the timely input of bid information, across different members of the teams
- Working with the bid team to develop a win theme and reflect this in the submission
- Taking responsibility for bid production to submission-ready state, meeting company brand guidelines
- Producing presentations (mostly Powerpoint) for post-tender interviews
- Supporting the Bid Lead to take on that role on occasions, where appropriate
- Internal communication with various departments including Business Development team, Estimating, Operations & Commercial, HSQE, Procurement, Finance, IT and Human Resources (HR)
- External communication to promote the business to current and potential clients and supply chain
Candidates will ideally:
- Have worked in a similar role before, as a bid / proposals writer, within the construction industry (or similar).
- Have experience of writing winning construction tenders / bids, understanding the construction industry tender process
- Have experience working with different internal departments, to bring successful bids together
- Have good bid writing, prioritisation, organisation, communication, I.T and basic marketing skills
- Ability to project manage a number of bids in an organised and controlled manner
- Experience of Adobe InDesign, MS Project (Desirable, not essential)
- Background and knowledge of the Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) services industry (Desirable, not essential)
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.