Bid Manager - Wigan
Remuneration: £60,000-£70,000 per annum plus package
Start Date: ASAP
A leading Tier 1 main contractor is seeking a detail orientated Bid Manager to join their team permanently to lead and participate in construction project bids ranging up to £70m, using various procurement methods.
As Bid Manager, you will be imperative in the management of end- to- end bid processes requiring you to work of the branch in Wigan on a full-time basis. If you have a keen eye for detail, a deep understanding of compliance within construction, and a strategic mindset, we want to hear from you.
Summary of your role:
• Oversee bid qualification process for new opportunities ensuring full compliance with internal policy.
• Lead up to three bids concurrently, dependent on complexity.
• Oversee Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs).
• Develop, review, and manage bid schedules to meet deadlines.
• Conduct market intelligence research before bidding.
• Chair bid launch meetings and develop winning strategies.
• Collaborate with the bid team to identify technical win themes.
• Produce and edit technical responses for cohesive submissions.
• Ensure win themes are integrated into pricing, written submissions, and interviews.
• Represent the company at client meetings and interviews.
• Coach project teams for post-tender interview presentations.
• Manage the transition of bid information to the delivery team for successful tenders.
• Provide strategic input into estimating, design management, and planning activities.
• Degree qualification or equivalent in a construction related field.
• Track record of successfully managing bids in various construction sectors.
• Familiarity with sectors like health, education, accommodation, retail, commercial, and leisure.
• Proven experience working as a Bid Manager with a regional or main contractor.
• Fluent and competent in utilising planning document design software.
• Impeccable verbal and written English Language skills.
This blue-chip firm specialises across a range of sectors: Education, Health, Residential, Accommodation, Industrial and Retail providing a key opportunity to build productive relationships in the industry.
To get started contact Stephen Pindar on 0161 707 1516 (Specialist Construction Recruitment consultant) for a private and confidential chat. OR
Email your updated CV to email@example.com.
- Sector: Construction
- Contact: Stephen Pindar
- Contact Email: Stephen.Pindar@anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 0161 503 1956
- Expiry Date: 04 December 2023
- Job Ref: 404884SOP
Bid Manager - Wigan