The growing Bristol studio is seeking a talented and experienced Associate level Architectural Technologist to lead their Technical team. The practice employs over eighty architects and interior designers across its offices specialising in Architecture, Masterplanning, Interior Design and 3D/Graphics with a major focus on the hospitality, residential, retail and commercial sectors. Having operated for several decades and having worked in all commercial sectors throughout the UK and Europe, their extensive portfolio of work ranges in value from £250,000 to over £500m.
You will liaise on a regular basis with the project teams, manage project workloads and be the link between project leaders and company directors. You would also assist the directors with the day to day running of the Bristol technical team office alongside other key members.
This role would place you in a leadership position at the Bristol office and would require you to have good all-round skills. These would include excellent Client/Contractor liaison skills, the ability to lead, being capable of developing new business as well as managing the existing clients and projects, and the ability to work with the existing team to win new projects. The ability to conduct yourself in a manner expected of a senior management role is essential and will require excellent communication skills, the ability to work under your own initiative, being able to manage and appraise own working practices and ability to structure and manage a project within any or all the RIBA work stages. Being a good team player whilst managing a team of people is key to success in this position.
The skills and experience required for this role are as follows:
• Either: Architectural Technology Degree or a relevant HNC/HND qualification
• Experience working on large commercial projects in the UK
• Excellent Drawing and detailing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to oversee coherent/well resolved architectural drawings
• Understanding of building technologies and environmental design and ability to employ structural theories, construction techniques and processes
• Strong understanding of technical standards, regulatory frameworks, and health & safety requirements
• Understanding of how a small business operates and the factors involved in the management of an architectural project
• Understanding of the professional duty of care arising from the relationships between client/architects, employer/employee.
Desirable but not essential qualities and experience for this role are:
• 10yrs post qualification experience in a commercially oriented Office
• Driving Licence
• Good working knowledge of Revit
Appraisals will be given every 12 months along with training in the various remits of your role where it is deemed necessary.
The salary range for this role is £40-55 per annum dependent upon experience and also comes with an extensive benefits package.
If this sounds like the perfect next step for your career, please do not hesitate to get in touch ASAP