Role: Associate Director - Water Sector
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
I am working with a highly regarded client whose infrastructure division is looking to add an Associate Director to their team in Leeds that is specifically focused on the water sector.
They are welcoming a variety of experience and plan to utilise your specialist skills to support their team in winning and delivering innovative multidisciplinary engineering solutions for local water clients in the North, plus their broad range of strategic UK and international clients, across both Clean Water and Wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure areas. This includes treatment works, desalination, pipelines and pumping stations, collection and storage systems, and digital twins.
As an Associate Director, you will be responsible for:
• Developing and maintaining vital client relationships with regional and worldwide water clients.
• Supervising the development of proposals, fees, scope definitions, and high-quality responses to client bids in accordance with the companys bid management system.
• Engaging a client or contractor (including Design & Build) to hold talks with technical and non-technical clients about technical water civil engineering solutions during the project delivery and bidding stages.
• Finding chances to market value propositions to water customers.
• Collaborating across teams and practises in a multidisciplinary context to ensure project success.
• Leading an efficient project delivery process while adhering to the management governance of the business.
• Managing risks effectively and successfully completing tasks.
• Performing technical design work, such as assessing and managing project team engineering design outputs such as engineering design calculations, drawings, and report writing that complies with the businesss design management system.
• Leading the creation of technically sound and secure solutions for projects in accordance with appropriate design standards and codes.
• Encourage the utilisation of digital engineering projects and the implementation of innovative water sector solutions.
• Mentoring and line management duties for team members ranging from graduates to less experienced senior team members
• Exemplifying technical leadership in the field of water engineering.
Your qualifications and skillset will include:
• Chartered Member of a well-known engineering institution with a degree in one of the engineering disciplines (civil, mechanical, process, or EICA).
• Extensive hands-on expertise in project implementation, bidding, and leadership in the field of water and/or wastewater engineering.
• A solid technical background in the water sector, including knowledge of applicable UK and international norms and regulations for water and/or wastewater infrastructure and/or non-infrastructure assets.
• Worked with contractors to successfully implement engineering solutions, including in the Design & Build environment.
• Excellent verbal, writing, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to operate independently and cooperatively within a multidisciplinary team, including Clients, Contractors, and co-workers.
• Proven track record of water sector innovation, including novel materials, prefabrication, circularity, and digital breakthroughs.
You will receive:
• Competitive Pay
• A collaborative and friendly working culture
• 25 days holiday + Statutory Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy additional days
• Gym Membership Discounts
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programmes for advice and counselling
• A generous company Pension and Death in Service scheme
• Company car
Please note: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
If you are a Civil Design Engineer ready to take on the next step in your career development, then please reach out and apply.
For more information, please contact Danielle Vermeer on 0113 242 0303 or email Danielle.Vermeer@anderselite.com
- Sector: Water, Construction, Civil Engineering, Consulting Engineering
- Contact: Danielle Vermeer
- Contact Email: Danielle.Vermeer@anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 0113 242 0303
- Expiry Date: 12 October 2023
- Job Ref: 403798DVR
Role: Associate Director - Water Sector